Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just insatlled QA1 front shocks and springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just insatlled QA1 front shocks and springs

Just got done with the install, I have the R series set a 1 and spring weight is 275. I have yet to install the rear shocks.
After the install when i put the tires back on and lowered it off the jack stands it seemed there was a noticeable difference in the front end height. It seems there is a bigger gap betweeen the tire and wheel well. I adjusted the springs to be stock height measuring off the stock units. Did i F up or is this normal considering they are a drag only spring and the shocks are set at 1?
Old 05-08-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remember that the spring rate is different than the stock springs, so you cant just assume that if you put the perches at the same height as the factory shocks that it will sit the same.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are trying to get the car back near factory ride height with the 275 # springs you will need to run the adjuster to about 1 1/2" of the top of the threads on the coilover.

That is a light spring....is it a full weight car?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
If you are trying to get the car back near factory ride height with the 275 # springs you will need to run the adjuster to about 1 1/2" of the top of the threads on the coilover.

That is a light spring....is it a full weight car?
Yes it is stock weight and block. the ac components and front sway bar are eliminated other than that no weight reduction.
The 1 1/2" seems close within 1/4" i think i counted 7 threads left at the top when doing the install but this was to the top of the adjuster not the bottom.
With this being said do you think i need to pull them back out and adjust up another 1 1/2".
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

I'm having the opposite problem I can't seem to raise it up enough and it's hard as hell to turn the spanner wrench! My springs are 300lb.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Red Z28
Yes it is stock weight and block. the ac components and front sway bar are eliminated other than that no weight reduction.
The 1 1/2" seems close within 1/4" i think i counted 7 threads left at the top when doing the install but this was to the top of the adjuster not the bottom.
With this being said do you think i need to pull them back out and adjust up another 1 1/2".
If you are happy with the current ride height I wouldn't make any changes
Originally Posted by conde'strans
I'm having the opposite problem I can't seem to raise it up enough and it's hard as hell to turn the spanner wrench! My springs are 300lb.
That's a common problem...we offer bearing kit which makes it slightly easier but your best bet is going to be to jack up the car on that side to help take some of the weight off of the shock and it will make it easier to adjust....

Quick Reply: Just insatlled QA1 front shocks and springs