Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard Bar Wont Fit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panhard Bar Wont Fit??

So I picked up a Single Adjustable panhard (hotchkis)... and, well I know how to adjust it, thats no problem. I could stand there all day long and adjust it. But then comes the important part. Making it fit on the car after the adjustments. Its not an On Car adjustable, i dont think. Any ways, any help is greatly appreiciated. Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

has the car been lowered? why is it not fitting? too short too long? need more info one thing i can tell you to start with is adj. it so the hole line up with the original panhard bar
Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can adjust it to the correct length, but the holes wont line up
Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Install the panhard bar on the chassis side first, which is the passenger side. Have a friend push the driver side tire inward (pushing the rear end in) while you install the panhard bar into the drivers side mount. Place grease on the panhard bar bushing surfaces to help ease them into place.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 05-11-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how far are the holes off? if they're close enough that they overlap even just a little bit, stick a large flathead screwdriver through the holes and pry on it until it moves over enough to put a bolt through....worked great for me.

on the other hand, if the PHB is too long for the holes to line up, simply jack up on the car's body slowly until the bar can arc down enough to line up the holes.....easy.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one of these, I set it to identical length on the
driveway and it went right in. You may have to exert
some effort to swing the rear axle at full drop, it's
going to be centered while the panhard at full drop
wants to be way off to the side. Maybe use the floor
jack under the pumpkin to get the rear closer to ride
height.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i'm dealing with the same issue....EXCEPT
we were driving last year and as we accelerated there was a nasty bang/clunk and whirring. The top bolts of my Moser rear end sheared off and the pumpkin was trying to rotate upwards and rearwards which would have caused it to rip off my fuel tank, bumper and rear mount turbo.
Thankfully...i got off the gas in time and the bottom Moser bracker though bent like a "U" held in place.
After we got a new Moser bracket in place, my driver rim is more inset into the fender well vs the passenger.
The passenger Hotchkis jam nut is situated in a spot that is hard to get at with a ?22-24mm wrench....so i'm going to have to drop the car off a lift, onto the ground and we'll play with jacks and pumpkin, tires, etc trying to center this rear diff again...currently we're about 1-2 cm off center.

My build is hosted under the Canadian section here....this is what 800hp will do to parts when things to bad!
Old 03-25-2024, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 397 Likes on 289 Posts

Axle will shift to the side and maybe even twist a little bit without the panhard in place. Panhard won't just drop into the holes, you'll have to muscle the axle around.

if you have a double adjustable panhard, you simply extend it until it fits in the holes, and then shorten it to pull the axle into place. I don't even know why single adjustable bars are sold, they're just a pain in the butt.

Quick Reply: Panhard Bar Wont Fit??