Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Raising tq arm mounting point higher up in chassis ok on lowered car ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raising tq arm mounting point higher up in chassis ok on lowered car ?

High all,

I have the bmr xtreme torque arm which has a crossbrace the hangs realy low and I would like to lower the car also. So for more ground clearance I would like to mount it higher up in the chassis, but I'm wondering if this would effect the car in a negative way,(change instant center) ?

The Bmr crossbrace unit is a non adjustable linkage style, so I can't just raise the crossbrace and drop the tq arm to the next hole. I thought about rotating the brace 90 deg towards the rearend and then raising it, as to try to keep it near the stock location, but I'm concerned with a hard enough launch, the tq arm could twist the crossbrace as it trles to lift the car up.

Please tell me your ideas, knowledge, opinions.

Thanks, Derek !
Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you change to mounting location and cant adjust for it at the rear axle the your pinion angle is gonna be off. If you really must move the mounting location then you are gonna need an adjustible tourqe arm so you can correct the pinion angle
Old 06-01-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

The bmr xtreme is adjustable at the rear for pinion angle setting, its the front that is not.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Then I would think it would be ok. Before I went changing anything that cant be changed back I would mock it all up the way you want it and see if you have enough adjustment to get the proper pinion angle

Quick Reply: Raising tq arm mounting point higher up in chassis ok on lowered car ?