TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im at 25.25" front and 25.50" rears.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28

I did the heater hose mod today..car show coming up this weekend and got bored so I wanted to do something..took it from 28 1/4 inches to 27 1/2..so not too bad..only have about 4 miles on it too, so I'm sure it may sink another 1/4 or so..not bad for free lol makes it look a bit better..but 25" is LOW lol, I'll definatly have to go with something like that.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by t-trimz28
You need to factor in the longtubes and y-pipe when you are looking at a drop. Those two will become the lowest points on your car and the first thing to scrape.
Yeah, I've seen a few setup's that cut it VERY close at shows..mainly with LT1's but I run an SLPLM2 catback so that muffler is pretty low.. ~5 inches off the ground if that..so I'm assuming the headers will be something like that..maybe around 4 though..never know until they are on and what brand I get..as far as my driving goes..I don't see many big speed bumps etc..I just drive it to work and back and whenever buddies want to cruise..I know a lot of the scrapes will be showing up with a dropped setup though..makes me curios how some of those lowered cobra guys do it that run a huge exhaust..
Old 06-02-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShortChevy
Before install
Installed

Quick pic out the office window. I have them set at 25.5" to the well at the moment and I am digging it. Tucking the tire a bit with some neg. camber
did you delete swaybar?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrdOPry

I did the heater hose mod today..car show coming up this weekend and got bored so I wanted to do something..took it from 28 1/4 inches to 27 1/2..so not too bad..only have about 4 miles on it too, so I'm sure it may sink another 1/4 or so..not bad for free lol makes it look a bit better..but 25" is LOW lol, I'll definatly have to go with something like that.
If anything, I want to go another 1" maybe in the front and that would be a perfect stance for me. Or I might get a shorter tire up front.

Originally Posted by BrdOPry
Yeah, I've seen a few setup's that cut it VERY close at shows..mainly with LT1's but I run an SLPLM2 catback so that muffler is pretty low.. ~5 inches off the ground if that..so I'm assuming the headers will be something like that..maybe around 4 though..never know until they are on and what brand I get..as far as my driving goes..I don't see many big speed bumps etc..I just drive it to work and back and whenever buddies want to cruise..I know a lot of the scrapes will be showing up with a dropped setup though..makes me curios how some of those lowered cobra guys do it that run a huge exhaust..
Im running the LM II cat back also and its got a few scrapes haha.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Thats low! I'm right at 26" front and 26.5" back.

If anything, I want to go another 1" maybe in the front and that would be a perfect stance for me. Or I might get a shorter tire up front.

Im running the LM II cat back also and its got a few scrapes haha.
I was under the car the other day looking around and noticed that my UMI torque arm has self clearanced the rear of the tunnel a small amount and also the upper part of the ball joints leaving marks on the inner fenderwell. I run the stock exhaust and just after my pass. side cat (LS1), the pipe is crushed a little. I love the look of a low car, but I'd be nervous going any lower with my car. I had a '65 El Camino that was lower then my Camaro though...
Old 06-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Launching!

The front bumper is soooo long on these cars. I scrape where I park, and I'm at stock height. I think I am going to cut my springs first before I decide on lowering springs.

Quick Reply: How to get low!