Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Difference in FE4 and F41 lower control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in FE4 and F41 lower control arms?

Wrecked my car a couple months ago and went to get a used passenger side upper and lower control arm. The junk yard said it would match up with my car's suspension which is an FE4. After getting it put back together I took it to get aligned to make sure there were no other underlying issues before doing the body work. The chamber was off about 4 degrees and I was wondering if that had anything to do with getting the wrong control arm. Is the F41 lower arm longer than the FE4? Is there any way to tell by looking at the control arm if its for an F41 instead of a FE4? Any help would be amazing.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say that the shocks and springs are the main components that are different between the F41 and FE4 suspension set ups. The only thing that might be different in the control arms is the rubber bushings...the F41s being a little harder durometer rubber.

Keep in mind, when you took off your old control arm, and put the new one in, it's quite possible to have installed it in a slightly different position, hence the camber change.

Quick Reply: Difference in FE4 and F41 lower control arms?