Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Cost to weld sub frame connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD SS
Things dont always go so easy. I had an LT1 firebird come in that I could not get the LCA bolts off. They were loctited and corroded, If my modded Snap-on MG 725 impact cant get it off fast, and I break a snap on 25" long 1/2"drive ratchet on it there is a problem. Now, should I soak up the time and eat it because that that car is a pile, and cost me aggrevation, a broken tool and briused knuckles...nope... If I "messed it up" it would be on me, but that likely wont happen. Like I said, I usually end up charging $125, but there have been cases where it's more. But dont make it seem like every shop charging an hourly rate is trying to f*ck you. /rant
I agree, things don't always go easy and problems arise. I don't mean to strike a nerve, but, from a customer's standpoint, if the shop wants the instructions that came with the SFC's and does not know what you are talking about, I am wary and will go on my way. In your case, I wouldn't see a problem if it was quoted $X if there are no issues with the car, but it could be $y if the bolts are rusted or have not been maintained or never removed or look at it before it's quoted, etc. It sounds like you know what you are doing around performance cars and mods, so please don't take my post as a dig to you. It's meant for those that are not so experienced that would like to learn on a customer's vehicle and charge you the time for their lesson.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and dont forget the LT1 cars have the nylon fuel line you have to weld right next too on the driver side in the front. Thats always fun for making min money for a job.

Quick Reply: Cost to weld sub frame connectors?