Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oops sorry wrong kudos sorry JD_AMG!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^x2 you can have both handling and dragging capability's but you can only have a 7.5 outta 10 in both. if you want 10 outta 10 handling you can only have a 5 outta 10 launch.

when you launch at the drag strip you want as much weight transfer as you can get without the front wheels coming off the ground. where as when you are banking into a hard turn braking you want minimal wieght transfer as possible to keep all 4 tires in good contact with the ground.

weight transfer is why you cant have both. someone correct me if im wrong
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
A lot of talk about konis and bilsteins, what about Eddelbrock or QA1 coil overs? Are they better for handling and comfort than the konis/bilsteins?
NOOOOO.

Edelbrock, has killed off the rears, and the fronts are soon to follow. Also they aren't just shocks, the fronts come with springs (higher rate than my lowering springs too), and the rears come with NO springs.

QA1's are about as far from a Koni as you can get. The adjuster is cheap, it doesn't work on the shock piston, and hell the shocks aren't even gas charged to help keep shock fade away--let alone have a lifetime warranty. All that said, they are not valved for the best control, I'd have AGX's on my car first.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the Strange shocks?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carlos01SS
Nice explanation highlife! /JD

Better than all that bullshit I just typed LOL!!!
I like all 3.
I run the Koni DA's but I haven't adj. them in awhile.

Im very happy with them...i've gone thru replacment Decarbons and Monroes in the past.

My aim was to be able to adjust for launch and then adjust to corners...but like one of you said they just dont adjust that far....altho some flexibility is there and I think it is better than none. And on a set of Koni's which are overall good thats gotta be worth something. I chose against the QA1's even tho I always liked their design....their just drag shocks...and are likely dangerous on the street even. Its not the same to look at KYBs agx adj...becuz overall they dont do as good a job so their flexibility is basically worth fukkell.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
What about the Strange shocks?
Non-gas charged drag shock, like the QA1 but supposedly built better, same as Afco as well.
If you want ride quality or handling stay away from them.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by License2Ill
I like all 3.
I run the Koni DA's but I haven't adj. them in awhile.

Im very happy with them...i've gone thru replacment Decarbons and Monroes in the past.

My aim was to be able to adjust for launch and then adjust to corners...but like one of you said they just dont adjust that far....altho some flexibility is there and I think it is better than none. And on a set of Koni's which are overall good thats gotta be worth something. I chose against the QA1's even tho I always liked their design....their just drag shocks...and are likely dangerous on the street even. Its not the same to look at KYBs agx adj...becuz overall they dont do as good a job so their flexibility is basically worth fukkell.
Hi guy's I've had the AGX on my car and after 5k of driving with them i got rid of them, poor response bad rebound and a terrible thing if you have a lowered car. I opted for the QA1's whith rear coil overs. 15k and running strong. Handeling was greatly improved over stock and AGX. had 1.5 inch drop with the AGX and i would hit my Spohn torq arm crossmember on the highway going 60. OK i live in montreal and winter reakes havoc on our roads.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say Bilstein myself. All firehawks came with an upgrade and that was all that SLP used so if they use it, it should be good enough for your car.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're still wondering about all this, why don't you just go to Strano's site and pick up a full set of Koni 4/3's for 20% off, which is a great deal I must say. I would recommend going to his site regardless of what you do though, great guy. Sorry to bring back an old thread XD
Old 10-19-2018, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by License2Ill
just what exactly does your 8th generation status earn you? ur ancestors maybe slayed some indians when THEY were IMMIGRANTS in this continent? ur granpappy wrestled with Geronimo himself in 1866?
obviously you dont have any insight as to how corporate america works....not even a keen ability to determine the set of shocks u talk about SUCK.

You see lots of USA co.'s get their manuf. done in CHINA or basically overseas. The quality of your monroes is on par with those manuf.'s.

Your would be "patriotism" coupled with your continued practice and display of ignorance here...alongside with your misinformation.....don't leave any doubt as to what your political inclinations are. You practice the stupid value systems of most right wing extremists....and its exactly their type of voting that has ruined our country...u voted for bush twice..u likely beleive abortion is a problem and the immigrant leafblower is stealing all your wages. You care for the rich to not be taxed harder even though your not one...you call Mr.obama a marxist....you beleive all your party'ss ridiculous pure fabricated emails they pass around like children....and most of all you want that black guy out of there just becuz dammit!! nevermind the senate opposing him every god damm step and they did so without regarding to our citizens best interests only to oppose him. You likely have no problem with that? tho?

Yea your an american alright....an american ignorant. Those are well known internationally. It's tuff for the rest of us to prove and show others we're not all like you.

Don't chew on that. Gulp it down....McCain gimp lover becuz its the sad truth.
The road to hell was paved with good intentions. You want to do this great country a favor.? Read get educated. And practice less ignorance.
Clone the fugg out of that too.

More news for you!! Canada does NOT have the same heritage.
So, now that were in the future and the debate of which shocks are best, do you feel stupid for literally spewing all but the same hate but from the other side of the isle?
Old 10-20-2018, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

2012 called.....they want their thread back
Old 10-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Devin Dowless
So, now that were in the future and the debate of which shocks are best, do you feel stupid for literally spewing all but the same hate but from the other side of the isle?
You revived a six year old thread just for the sake of this nonsense? What did you contribute to the discussion about shocks? Let's hope your third post has more meaningful content. In the meantime, I have to lock this one down lest more of the same gets dredged up by others.

Quick Reply: Bilsteins or KYB AGX on 02 WS6?