Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

abs delete issues! using sjm kit have leaks need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs delete issues! using sjm kit have leaks need help please

Hey fellas, really need some help here. Heres the deal. I have a 99 z28 that I blew the rear end out of and I currently dont have the funds for a 12 bolt, so I went to the swap meet and got me a 3 channel from a lt1 camaro. I purchased the sjm abs delete kit. When I began installing the kit everything was going smooth, I flared the four braided lines and hooked everything up and tightened everything. After pressing the brake pedal, I seen I had 2 lines that was leaking threw the middle of the fitting. Ok, so I figured I might of just got a bad flare so I flared them again and still 2 leaks. At this point I am lost and not sure how to fix these leaking lines. Really looking to get this thing fixed so I can drive it as its been sitting for about 8 months getting painted. lol Any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had splitting issues reflaring the factory lines. Don't know what to tell you ...

And you probably already know this ... but ... the center hub on a 93-97 axle is slightly larger than the center of the 98-02 axle.

You'll either need to change axles or remove about 1/8" of material off of a factory (don't know about aftermarket) 98-02 wheels to get proper fitment. If you feel inside the hub of the wheel, you'll feel a small lip. Remove the lip.

You might think it's on, but the inner face of the wheel won't be flush with the axle flange due to the hub to flange radius.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had about 75% percent of my lines leaking when I did the abs kit and braided brake lines. Go back and tighten them more. You need brake line wrenches to tighten the **** out of them. A regular wrench will start rounding the brass fitting before it gets as tight as you need it. Make sure that the flair on the tube is smooth. if the flair is not a smooth round bubble it will leak. Also, did you do double flairs? regular flairs will leak.

Quick Reply: abs delete issues! using sjm kit have leaks need help please