Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What torque arm to run with tsp trueduals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What torque arm to run with tsp trueduals?

Iv search n couldn't seem to find anything on which torque arm to run with tsp Truedauls. I have a m6 camaro n running tsp trueduals. My torque arm broke wail doing a burnout n now idk wich torque arm to run? Want the best torque arm for drag. Sugestions would be a big help. Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Midwest chassis clears them a bunch of Guys around here use it
Old 07-19-2011, 12:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You can either use our BMR full length adjustable or non-adjustable torque arm with the TSP true duals. I would also recommend using a torque arm relocation transmission crossmember in conjuction with it to allow you to get the torque arm off the transmission tailshaft housing.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
You can either use our BMR full length adjustable or non-adjustable torque arm with the TSP true duals. I would also recommend using a torque arm relocation transmission crossmember in conjuction with it to allow you to get the torque arm off the transmission tailshaft housing.
That's my plan. Don't want the torque arm mounted to my trans. I want to cut good 60".. Does BMR carry a torque arm to clear the exhaust n that is not mounted on the trans? If so please include part # thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by babbage1109
Midwest chassis clears them a bunch of Guys around here use it
Thanks I will check them out. Alot of guy seem to run there stuff..
Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by wichoms4
That's my plan. Don't want the torque arm mounted to my trans. I want to cut good 60".. Does BMR carry a torque arm to clear the exhaust n that is not mounted on the trans? If so please include part # thanks
We do have some guys that use our Trak Pak (TPU001) or Xtreme torque arm (XTA001) but they build a custom true dual setup to work in conjunction with the them. The TSP true duals will not work with either one of these. Most guys with true duals just run our adjustable torque arm (TA001) and the torque arm relocation crossmember.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Launching!

i have the BMR Xtreme torque arm and i had to run it with a y pipe to get it out the back you can do true duals but you have to dump them before the torque arm cross member if you try to go under it you have little to no ground clearance but damn the suspension is solid and it tracks perfectly straight now i also have BMR fully adjustable LCA's LCA drop brackets and adjustable panhard all chromolly adjustable rod end stuff oh yea i got the boxed chromolly weld in subframe connectors with the torque arm crossmember welded to the subframes on each side. definitely night and day from the stock stuff!!!!! i can jack my car up in front and it picks the whole side of the car up with no flexing before i could jack up on one of the front corners and you could hear the car creaking from flexing plus the rear wheel wouldnt come off the ground hardly. when your going into steep grade parking lots the car used to flex you could feel and hear it now sometimes it will actually pick one of the wheels up off the ground witout flexing at all. so if your doing the other stuff i would definitely go with some boxed weld in sub frame connectors they will stiffin the **** out of your chassis which really helps on hard launches and hard corners.

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 07-19-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
We do have some guys that use our Trak Pak (TPU001) or Xtreme torque arm (XTA001) but they build a custom true dual setup to work in conjunction with the them. The TSP true duals will not work with either one of these. Most guys with true duals just run our adjustable torque arm (TA001) and the torque arm relocation crossmember.
^ What he said

Any full length torque arm that attaches to the tranny will work. Most of us then get the relocation crossmember just because the added rigidity of the T/A runs a greater risk a damaging the tailshaft.

I've got TSP duals with UMI's full T/A and relo. crossmember and it all fits fine.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Our torque arm (full length) will also clear the TSP true duals. It was actually originally designed around the TSP true duals and when installed it allows you to tuck your pipes up 1" closer to the body than the factory arm allows.

Below is a link to quite a few pictures of our set up installed with the TSP duals. Part #2205 and #2207 are the items shown in the picture.

If I can help any with our set up please ask. Thanks!
Ryan

TSP True Duals and UMI Torque arm w/ Relocation Kit

Old 07-19-2011, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

^^exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Ryan for the info n pics. Will be ordering this. Thanks once again
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Umi for the win hell I may end up ordering that too
Old 07-19-2011, 03:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys, glad I could help
Old 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Ive ran UMI nonadj and currently have BMR adj with my TSP duals. No problems!! Love my UMI components, but just found a deal on the BMR at the time!! LOL BOTH OUTSTANDING PRODUCTS!! still need to a relocation member tho.......
Old 07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
Ive ran UMI nonadj and currently have BMR adj with my TSP duals. No problems!! Love my UMI components, but just found a deal on the BMR at the time!! LOL BOTH OUTSTANDING PRODUCTS!! still need to a relocation member tho.......
Giveme a call when you are ready for a BMR relocation crossmember to match up with the torque arm.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Here is a picture of our short arm TSP cross member. Our short arm comes with a drive shaft loop, C/M version is $450 shipped and a M/S version is $375 shipped.

These are pictures from a customers vehicle.

As you will see this is with our fabricated housing torque arm but the cross member is the same.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wichoms4
^^exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Ryan for the info n pics. Will be ordering this. Thanks once again
I ordered my adjustable torque arm and relocation bracket yesterday. I cant wait for it to come in. I have TSP true duals as well and I called UMI directly and they were very informative and gave me all the info I needed and assured me it would fit. Couldn't be more happy with the service UMI has provided thus far.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Any more pics of the Midwest setup?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Here is our double drop cross member.

Granted this is on our housing but the cross member is the same for our factory bolt on style torque arm.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Banned

+1 on the BMR and UMI. Both nice setups. We run the trans mounted TA with a relocation kit just as BMR and UMI suggested. It's very stout and a nice tight fit and great price. They come in adj and non-adjust. I suggest the adjustable and then get one of the relocation kits. Note that you will not need to buy the bushing for the relocation kit if you get the TA since the TA comes with it. Check out our site, www.byunspeed.com , we do have them on sale.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Umi do you have any pictures of your shorty torque arm with the duals?

Quick Reply: What torque arm to run with tsp trueduals?