Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Global West upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Global West upgrade

Alrighty finally got pics of my Global West parts installed on the car. I havent seen any reviews of their products for the fourth gens anywhere so I figured I'd post up pics. My Dad, ,my Uncle, and me installed the LCA's, and the Torque Arm. Everything went in really smooth just took a while as we did lots of trial and error for that TA mount. That mount is by far my favorite way to do the Torque Arm. Im not ******* anyone elses stuff by any means as I was going with UMI for everything until my Dad had got parts for his 69 from Global West which looked really good. Then I wanted to see if they made anything for fourth gens and they did, but I've never seen anyone run their stuff. Well my car is a daily driver and I will recommend their products. It isnt noisy, nor uncomfortable, but very solid. When I first test drove after the install I couldnt get 3rd and some of 2nd to spin on my stock 245s where as before she was up in smoke lol. Now for the Subframe Connectors and the LCA Relocation Brackets I got LMR to weld them all in. They did a good job and im happy with the result. Onto the pics, any questions feel free to ask.

Zach

Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i thought their trac link TQ arm was the shizznit and was goin to get 1.......til i heard all the bad reviews
Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What dis those reviews say?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Global west is the shiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt

love their stuff
Old 07-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Yea, I'd really like to see those reviews you speak of. I couldnt find any type of review except the 'Black Betty' project car from Camaro Performers.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

I heard and read that car kicks *** at auto x events because of the global west suspension
Old 07-29-2011, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

ask sam strano why he does not run 1
Old 07-29-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Sam doesn't run them because he run UMI stuff
Old 07-29-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

i cant find the damm link now.......it had something to do with tearing up the floorboard
Old 07-30-2011, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have their track-link and I have run it in the past for years in my old 95.. It is a great unit, it is not loud at all and I have never experienced any issues with a torn up floorboard.

I have a link with all the GW upgrades I have done on this car, with photos if your interested.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...e-project.html
Old 07-30-2011, 02:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

i hope sam comes in and comments.......i dont wanna be spreadin no inteernetz rumurs
Old 07-30-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ive talked to Sam in depth about de-coupled torque arms.

He mostly just doesn't like the change in instant center on them because the are basically a long and a short torque arm in one package depending on whether or not you are on the gas or brakes.

Personally I have never encountered any issues with this and it has never caused me any instability problems. I think with Sam, at least in this case, its just a matter of what HE feels that HE likes more.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

I'm also curious to know what Sam has to say about that. So far none of it has caused me any problems and the floor board looks just fine.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach99Z
Alrighty finally got pics of my Global West parts installed on the car. I havent seen any reviews of their products for the fourth gens anywhere so I figured I'd post up pics. My Dad, ,my Uncle, and me installed the LCA's, and the Torque Arm. Everything went in really smooth just took a while as we did lots of trial and error for that TA mount. That mount is by far my favorite way to do the Torque Arm. Im not ******* anyone elses stuff by any means as I was going with UMI for everything until my Dad had got parts for his 69 from Global West which looked really good. Then I wanted to see if they made anything for fourth gens and they did, but I've never seen anyone run their stuff. Well my car is a daily driver and I will recommend their products. It isnt noisy, nor uncomfortable, but very solid. When I first test drove after the install I couldnt get 3rd and some of 2nd to spin on my stock 245s where as before she was up in smoke lol. Now for the Subframe Connectors and the LCA Relocation Brackets I got LMR to weld them all in. They did a good job and im happy with the result. Onto the pics, any questions feel free to ask.

Zach

fixed
Old 01-18-2018, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Global West torque arm looks very interesting. Never seen that installed before.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Wow a blast from the past.

I have Global West parts, just so you all know that. Again, and I make this point a lot because I think it's key for you to know that if I don't like something, it isn't because I don't have it.

First, the thing about kicking *** at autocrosses. Ran against two cars from the west coast that were GW cars. Beat them both for National Championships, multiple times. And another car with a GW TA that wasn't from CA, but beat that one too. Short torque arms, I am not fan. I tell you this carrying various ones from UMI, the GW, and hell I even have an Unbalanced decoupled one on the floor of my shop I took off the 1998 SS I bought. So take that for what that's worth.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Global West upgrade