Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Stainless Steel Brake Line Set for LS1 brakes question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Strano Stainless Steel Brake Line Set for LS1 brakes question

Going to put on my LS1 brakes this week however I have an LT1 based car. Are these lines compatible and are they worth it? I have a BMR k-frame as well, any compatibility issues that I need to know about? Thanx

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=195&ModelID=8
Old 09-26-2011, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I run Russell stainless brake lines on my GTO, they're a terrific, quality package. There are no compatibility issues with using stainless lines with our K-Member. The mounting locations are on the inner fender and the caliper themselves, so our suspension components won't get in the way or impact installation at all.

Be sure to use a good fluid and bleed your brakes when you install the lines. The pedal definitely feels better after you get these in there since the factory rubber lines will actually expand under braking - reducing pedal effectiveness.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
I run Russell stainless brake lines on my GTO, they're a terrific, quality package. There are no compatibility issues with using stainless lines with our K-Member. The mounting locations are on the inner fender and the caliper themselves, so our suspension components won't get in the way or impact installation at all.

Be sure to use a good fluid and bleed your brakes when you install the lines. The pedal definitely feels better after you get these in there since the factory rubber lines will actually expand under braking - reducing pedal effectiveness.
Do you have a part # for the brake lines? Is there a difference between the LT1 brake lines and the LS1 brake lines?

Oh and I made the mistake of putting my engine in BEFORE reinstalling the brake on the BMR K-frame. This should be interesting.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The link you posted from Strano is the part. They're a great thing to buy.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Strano Stainless Steel Brake Line Set for LS1 brakes question