Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

J&M 3-Point Subframe Connectors, Double Diamond Style (1993-2002 F-BODY) ARE BACK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meant no disrespect, they are a nice product.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 3YLSYKR
Better to have hollow bars round or square than solid flat pieces adding more weight.
Really? Have you seen my post regarding the weight on these? Compare them to the other competitors 3 points. Let me know your area of expertise on suspension please.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Any issues running these and true duals? Like TSP duals?
I've been saying this since 2005. No, Yes and Maybe. I don't know how your true duals have been put together. I can't say. Only you can. I've also said this since 2005. If you're going to do something out of the norm in terms of exhaust, do the suspension first like torque arm and subframes and build your exhaust around it.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NUYBs
Really? Have you seen my post regarding the weight on these? Compare them to the other competitors 3 points. Let me know your area of expertise on suspension please.
You mentioned shipped weight of 33lbs. Is this with packaging and everything or the bars alone?

Not bad weight. You would think the flat center piece would be heavier. What gauge of steel are you using for all your pieces. You don't mention that either like others do. Seems like you are lacking info that others provide.

I read all the comments and you didn't mention if they were mild steel or chrome moly. I don't see it saying so on the sites either. Which are they? Do they come in both?

Not a bad price, half of UMI and SLP and and look similar but yours are open ended. Why?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Banned

You mentioned shipped weight of 33lbs. Is this with packaging and everything or the bars alone?

Not bad weight. You would think the flat center piece would be heavier. What gauge of steel are you using for all your pieces. You don't mention that either like others do. Seems like you are lacking info that others provide.

I read all the comments and you didn't mention if they were mild steel or chrome moly. I don't see it saying so on the sites either. Which are they? Do they come in both?

Not a bad price, half of UMI and SLP and and look similar but yours are open ended. Why?
They are mild steel. They do not come in CM. And yes that is packaged shipped weight. These have been on the market before UMI and SLP also, so they've been out on the market quite a while. J&M also private labels a lot of suspension pieces you see floating around from other companies. And what is wrong with the design again? I've yet to find one complaint on these yet.

And you've haven't answered our question yet "Let me know your area of expertise on suspension please". I mean if you're going to say one is better than the other, then explain it to us.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

I've been saying this since 2005. No, Yes and Maybe. I don't know how your true duals have been put together. I can't say. Only you can. I've also said this since 2005. If you're going to do something out of the norm in terms of exhaust, do the suspension first like torque arm and subframes and build your exhaust around it.
For the most part, any true dual setup you do on an fbody can and or will impact the way it fits with 3 point connectors because of height from ground the 3 pt bars are at as the exhaust is being hugged up already to body. That would mean your bars would have to be lower and would be better for exhaust protection as well. I have designed some 3 pt bars that protect exhaust and have better ground clearance compared to yours and others on the market despite you cutting out body drop down areas to suck exhaust up to body more or not like I have on my car.

I think it's always better to install exhaust at the end or one of the last pieces if doing some full suspension setups.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

They are mild steel. They do not come in CM. And yes that is packaged shipped weight. These have been on the market before UMI and SLP also, so they've been out on the market quite a while. J&M also private labels a lot of suspension pieces you see floating around from other companies. And what is wrong with the design again? I've yet to find one complaint on these yet.

And you've haven't answered our question yet "Let me know your area of expertise on suspension please". I mean if you're going to say one is better than the other, then explain it to us.
That's cool if they have been on the market before those brands. I didn't say anything is wrong with the design. I did ask why did you leave it open ends though and not close it up?

I know how to figure out and point out the better in products being a mechanical designer and fabricator and knowing the car by owning a few and working on many and seeing outcome and results. You have a good product, better than some, and props for good price.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Banned

I did ask why did you leave it open ends though and not close it up?
We are a distributor not the mfg. From a design point you would have to ask the mfg on WHY? Maybe they feel the design is good enough? Ask them. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to answer.

I know how to figure out and point out the better in products being a mechanical designer and fabricator and knowing the car by owning a few and working on many and seeing outcome and results. You have a good product, better than some, and props for good price.
That is good to hear. You could probably point out what you think could be improved upon with the mfg as they have a say in design changes not us. We just know it is a good product, customers are happy and they've been in the market quite a while longer than the other brands. Personally I have been a designer also but in a different field and unless it's NECESSARY, don't try to fix what's not broken.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Have you considered doing a chrome moly setup and why don't you?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Banned

Have you considered doing a chrome moly setup and why don't you?
Again, we are the distributor, not the mfg, but we have suggested it but from a cost stand point and the demographic owner-types of the F-Body nowadays and the age of these cars, not many people will pay $100 more for a 5-6 pound weight savings.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

We are a distributor not the mfg. From a design point you would have to ask the mfg on WHY? Maybe they feel the design is good enough? Ask them. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to answer.

That is good to hear. You could probably point out what you think could be improved upon with the mfg as they have a say in design changes not us. We just know it is a good product, customers are happy and they've been in the market quite a while longer than the other brands. Personally I have been a designer also but in a different field and unless it's NECESSARY, don't try to fix what's not broken.
I see. I would like to hear their thoughts on the process of design on these.

Yes that's true about if not broken, don't fix it or mess with it. Things can be updated and improved though and made better, just how things happen in life. That's how we get better and better products. I'm just curious to know why left it open and did the certain designs in the shape they did and what size materials they used ect..

This has been a little informative, good talking with you.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Again, we are the distributor, not the mfg, but we have suggested it but from a cost stand point and the demographic owner-types of the F-Body nowadays and the age of these cars, not many people will pay $100 more for a 5-6 pound weight savings.
Some wont, some will, depends on what they are trying to do with their car and how they drive it and more. I know it's not that much of a difference but when you consider racing it in some classes, every little bit adds up and counts.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Banned

Some wont, some will, depends on what they are trying to do with their car and how they drive it and more. I know it's not that much of a difference but when you consider racing it in some classes, every little bit adds up and counts.
Correct, and if they wish to have CM, they can purchase the UMI CM version.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned

J&M just brought the 2 point SFCs back also!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...body-back.html
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

just to give people a heads up on these J&M 3pt SFCs, i installed them this weekend and i had to do a bit of modifying on them. on the passenger side on the rear where it bolts to the LCA bracket, the hole the drilled was off by almost half an inch and on the driverside i had to completely move a brace that was going to hit my y pipe no way around it at all. and on the driver side where the front part welds to the subframe, there are the fuel lines which are in the way also. you either have to move the fuel lines or notch out the SFC like i did. i just put a big post up about it, check it out guys.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikh338
just to give people a heads up on these J&M 3pt SFCs, i installed them this weekend and i had to do a bit of modifying on them. on the passenger side on the rear where it bolts to the LCA bracket, the hole the drilled was off by almost half an inch and on the driverside i had to completely move a brace that was going to hit my y pipe no way around it at all. and on the driver side where the front part welds to the subframe, there are the fuel lines which are in the way also. you either have to move the fuel lines or notch out the SFC like i did. i just put a big post up about it, check it out guys.
1. I wonder if it was a fluke you got a set with the bolt hole off because this is the first I've heard.

2. Is your TSP ORY an older design? Where it's in five pieces?

Like I said, this is the first I've heard anyone having this much of a headache with these SFCs and we've sold quite a bit. Lemme know and congrats on the write up, I read it. Informative!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

1. I wonder if it was a fluke you got a set with the bolt hole off because this is the first I've heard.

2. Is your TSP ORY an older design? Where it's in five pieces?

Like I said, this is the first I've heard anyone having this much of a headache with these SFCs and we've sold quite a bit. Lemme know and congrats on the write up, I read it. Informative!
yeah i was thinking they might have just messed up my passenger side LCA hole because the driver side was dead on. my ory is the PC, 2 piece design. thanks, i always like to look at peoples projects they are very helpful so i try to do the same.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikh338
yeah i was thinking they might have just messed up my passenger side LCA hole because the driver side was dead on. my ory is the PC, 2 piece design. thanks, i always like to look at peoples projects they are very helpful so i try to do the same.
You mean PaceSetter? If so, those Y-pipes are pretty much hit and miss, they have always been off and inconsistent in production (like the J&M SFCs LOL). You can do a search where a lot of people post that and I think that may have been the issue. Thanks again, good write up and informative and glad those SFCs worked out.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

You mean PaceSetter? If so, those Y-pipes are pretty much hit and miss, they have always been off and inconsistent in production (like the J&M SFCs LOL). You can do a search where a lot of people post that and I think that may have been the issue. Thanks again, good write up and informative and glad those SFCs worked out.
yeah pacesetter. i will be installing new tsp 1 7\8s and the new TSP y pipe so I will see if it is in fact the Pacesetter y. thanks again tho great prices on your site and free shipping is even better!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Banned

Red seems to be popular ever since we came out with them. We have more RED now.

Quick Reply: J&M 3-Point Subframe Connectors, Double Diamond Style (1993-2002 F-BODY) ARE BACK!!!