Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Performance Hollow Sway Bars are in stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Strano Performance Hollow Sway Bars are in stock

A shipment just arrived and I'm stocked back up. I have plenty of fronts and standard rears as well as one Adjustable rear in stock ready to go.

A few details in case you've missed them over the years.

-The bars are all CNC bent and then powdercoated black.

-They come with new endlinks, endlink bushings, mounts bushings and brackets.

-They are tubular bars, why carry extra weight around when it does you no good???? Stock GM front bars are tubular as well, but the rears are solid. Strano bars are both tubular. They weight 20 pounds or more less than an equivalent size set of solid bars.

-Bar diameters and wall thickness were tweaked and tuned and played with for a long time before I settled on what we found gave the best balance for the most people in the most situations. There are variables, and for those folks we offer the adjustable rear bar, but also a 1" bar we don't advertise much (as it's generally way too much for more folks).

-Finally, like Strano Performance Parts springs.... I've never claimed that I had the best, then turned around to change it. We've run the same sizes and wall tubing since the start, because I nailed it from the start. This is important, when others who claim they have the best turn around and change their stuff, you have to wonder... At least I do.

Front bars are 1-3/8", basically 35mm. Rear bars are 7/8", basically 22mm. Bars are available individually.

Don't you want to run parts that have proven to turn corners better?

Sets: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&ModelID=7 and http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&ModelID=7

Front bar: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&ModelID=7

Rear bar: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&PartID=24
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was leaning towards getting a 35/rear adjustable 22 combo. What can you tell us about the rear? What are the weight differences, if any? Also, the rear seems to be powdercoated a different color; a hammertone dark charcoal it looks like. Can these be powdercoated black to match the fronts?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
What can you tell us about the rear? What are the weight differences, if any?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-vs-stock.html

Mark.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark2002
Thanks! But my question was in reference to the adjustable rear bar.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I was leaning towards getting a 35/rear adjustable 22 combo. What can you tell us about the rear? What are the weight differences, if any? Also, the rear seems to be powdercoated a different color; a hammertone dark charcoal it looks like. Can these be powdercoated black to match the fronts?
All the bars are now black. Originally that wasn't the case. The Adjustable bar itself it the same weight, but there is some additional hardware which makes it end up a few pounds heavier, about like a stock bar.

For 95% of folks the standard bar is the right choice. It's quicker to install, and the balance is great. But there are those that maybe drag race, or run a lot bigger rear tires, and in those cases a rear bar that can be made stiffer is a useful thing that saves you having to run a bar that's too big all the time.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How much weight will I take out to replace my old sway bar which is your old "strano old solid sway 35mm bar" vs your hollow one?

I know the solid one is HEAVY, lol. It fell on my head installing it under the car.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

'Round about 14-15 pounds. Ironically, I did the same thing once, which got me thinking I needed to check into hollow bars.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 904 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
'Round about 14-15 pounds. Ironically, I did the same thing once, which got me thinking I needed to check into hollow bars.
That made me laugh.

Bump for some good bars. I installed these after I did strano's springs/konis. Definitely made a difference. Then I topped it off with the Watts, but that's a different thread.

Added;

I just saw you bought a Z06. Did you get the Mustang fixed or did you axe it?

Last edited by LilJayV10; 10-24-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Strano Performance Hollow Sway Bars are in stock