Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strut Tower Brace Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 04:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you combine the strut tower brace with subframe connectors, you will notice a pretty big difference for the money, especially if you are trying to get some handling improvements. If you go even further and add stuff like lowered springs, a watts link/IRS (both are really expensive though), you will basically be driving a different car. If you don't believe me, check out YouTube for videos of a f-bodies on the Nurburgring. One guy has a Trans Am or Formula with LS2 heads, and the rest is all weight reduction and suspension upgrades along with CTS-V brakes. He shreds the track, and I think he gets like a 7 minute lap at one point. These cars can be amazing handlers, with just a little bit of upgrades to the suspension.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 94formula6speed
If you combine the strut tower brace with subframe connectors, you will notice a pretty big difference for the money, especially if you are trying to get some handling improvements. If you go even further and add stuff like lowered springs, a watts link/IRS (both are really expensive though), you will basically be driving a different car. If you don't believe me, check out YouTube for videos of a f-bodies on the Nurburgring. One guy has a Trans Am or Formula with LS2 heads, and the rest is all weight reduction and suspension upgrades along with CTS-V brakes. He shreds the track, and I think he gets like a 7 minute lap at one point. These cars can be amazing handlers, with just a little bit of upgrades to the suspension.
That Fbody on the nurburgring actually doesn't have SFCs or a STB, as those are just dead weight and actually really don't do anything for handling as the chassis is plenty stiff as is. I have SFCs and an STB, didn't make a bit of difference...
The biggest improvement for the money is by far a good set of shocks as that is the weakest link to the fbody chassis/suspension from the factory.

Quick Reply: Strut Tower Brace Bar?