Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

heater hose mod and grip

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater hose mod and grip

How much if any does the heater hose mod effect handling and grip as far as 60' times? Anybody notice a difference? I want the backend to drop a bit, but I don't want to lose the little I just gained.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by LSWHO
How much if any does the heater hose mod effect handling and grip as far as 60' times? Anybody notice a difference? I want the backend to drop a bit, but I don't want to lose the little I just gained.
Are you lowered already? The more you lower the car the more traction will be hurt I can promise you that lol. I'm back to raising my car up a little bit because I can't stand my zero traction with it being lowered. I think the trick to making it look nice and still having traction is to lower it a bit, but not to much and have the back and rear close to the same height.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It's a very minimal drop, but any reduction in ride height will impact the cars performance going down a straight line - positive, or negative. There are items such as relocation brackets that can help correct control arm angles, and adjustable suspension to help maximize weight transfer.

But, if you're just doing the heater hose mod, its affect on performance shouldn't be as dramatic as most lowering springs.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

I have stock springs, LCAs, PHB, LCArelocators, SFCs.