Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Are Strano Springs really that much better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
THIS^ Is what makes me not want to buy from you! I called you simply to find out what setup would be best for my car for my type of driving. All I did was ask you which springs did what. I asked you how your's rode compared to the softer SLP springs. I picked your brain? I'm a customer who is potentially about to spend almost $700 with you and all I did was ask you which spring to go with, and if there was a difference between the SLP Bilstein and Bilstein HD shocks.

And as far as saving money, why would I pay more for the same damn shocks from you when I can get them from another site sponsor for less? Because I can call and speak to you directly? Why would that matter to me when any time I call you you get pissed off because I ask you a simple question? I dickered you around? The only thing I asked you was if you ever ran sales or offered free shipping. The competitors prices are better than your without any sales, ADD the fact that they run free shipping specials and sales for Black Friday ect and you are saving a substantial amount of money. For the same damn product. I think I would much rather buy from one of the bigger EVIL companies (as you make them out to be) and get friendly customer service rather than talk to a guy who get's pissed about someone asking him the differences between HIS product and another. If you are sick of making sales and explaining to people why they should buy your springs, then hire a god damn receptionist!

I didn't get an answer from you at all really, all you did was force your springs in my face and told me they would be the best in everything. Best handling, best ride, best traction. Which is why I posted this thread asking for personal experiences with your springs. I asked a simple question. I asked politely. I said nothing bad about you whatsoever. I am just trying to get an idea of what $700 is going to get me and how the car will feel.
You know what.... It's really shitty of you to pick my brain, more than once, have the ***** to then price shop without considering freight, and then act like I did you some disservice. Further, you were not straight with me, you kept asking me about SLP springs vs. mine. I asked what you wanted to know---but you couldn't tell me, just what the "best springs were". How about specifics, or am I supposed to read you mind? You only later told me that you were thinking of taking them off a car on a lot, which of course changes the cost factor greatly.

I'll be frank with you. I'm not here to stroke you guys off, but that's what a lot of you want. If you want honest advice, great. If you want to play games, I don't want your business anyway. Why are my springs better? Well, because they are the standard which others copied. Mine are the ones that have been proven time and again to perform, be it through all the happy folks with them, or my winning championships, or knocking huge amounts of time off a baseline time on a road course. But, let's face it... none of that really mattered, did it? Yeah, didn't think so.

And how I run my business is my business. I can't trust anyone to do the job I want done. Been there, tried it many, many times. And I don't believe I need to settle for mediocrity, I'd rather do it myself. See, I was never in this to get rich (and believe you me, I'm not). So I find it rather amusing when you're pissed at me. The one company you mentioned to me is NEVER AROUND here, the other has multiple people with not a whole lot of tech to add but always a link to a part.

Since this thread is about my springs, let me get it back on track with a link to this thread that has lots, and lots and lots of pics of cars on my springs, and happy customers too. Since you know, *I'M* so EVIL! https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ring-kits.html
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-14-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn!!!!....lol.

I'll keep my opinion to myself! but yes im a happy customer with your product. thats it!

lol

peaceout!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No complaints with my Strano springs! They ride better than the stockers and handle much better. Granted I also upgraded to konis at the same time, but I'm happy with the entire setup.

I can't comment on BMR springs as I have never seen a car in person with them or ridden in a car with them.

When I contacted Sam about LCA relocation brackets he talked me out of them and said not to get them. Come to find out, I don't even need them. So thanks to Sam, I saved money on a product that other sponsors HIGHLY recommend that you get when lowering a car. In other words, they are pretty much saying to lower a car properly you have to have them. Well, my car is lowered, doesn't have the relocation brackets and nothing bad has happened.

After about 5k miles, I don't have a single complaint about my Strano springs. I feel like the front of my car sits higher than other cars with stranos, but that could also be because of tire sidewall, my STB, shock setting and the fact that no car is identical and all react differently to mods.

Sam, do you think taking my STB off and softening my springs will help bring the front down anymore?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

BMR, are you guys going by www.umiparts.com now? Weird...
You guys never answered Sams question, why did you change your springs again, and what was wrong with them the way they were?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In before the lock
Old 10-14-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good stuff
Old 10-14-2011, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
BMR, are you guys going by www.umiparts.com now? Weird...
You guys never answered Sams question, why did you change your springs again, and what was wrong with them the way they were?

This is legit. Umiparts goes directly to bmr. Lol wtf. That's some sneaky stuff right there
Old 10-14-2011, 07:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

3:1 this gets locked (not by my request, I've got nothing to hide). Historically everytime some snaky little details like the ones above come out, the thread magically disappears. Let's see if it happens this time.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Launching!

So is the BMR springs still dual rate?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-question.html
Old 10-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Banned

LMFAO I have gotten 5 or 6 PM's from members on here telling me what an absolute DICK strano was to them on the phone as well. What a coincidence...

On a positive note I just had a really nice phone conversation with BMR.. very polite and willing to LISTEN and not just talk to you like you are stupid.

And what's this about BMR having people who know nothing about tech? Lmfao the guy I just talked to worked for GMPP before BMR hired him.

And does anyone actually pay attention and see that Strano won 90% of his trophies in other cars? Mustangs, Corvettes, ect? NOT Fbodies?

I'm fixin to buy me some BMR springs. The stance is way better (for my taste), and the red matches my car. And oh yea they are going to come out to be like 50 bucks cheaper. Super polite guys at BMR and I'm lovin the warranty and no-sag guarantee. And if you actually listened to 1 word I said instead of bitching at me like a girl, I DID compare your price to the other guys including freight. Their shipping is less than yours for both the shocks and springs.

I don't know how you manage to actually talk someone out of a sale completely, but you did it Strano. Sounds like you've done it to a lot of other people as well by the looks of my PM inbox. I was 100% dead set on spending almost a grand at your website. Not anymore

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You know what.... It's really shitty of you to pick my brain, more than once, have the ***** to then price shop without considering freight, and then act like I did you some disservice. Further, you were not straight with me, you kept asking me about SLP springs vs. mine. I asked what you wanted to know---but you couldn't tell me, just what the "best springs were". How about specifics, or am I supposed to read you mind? You only later told me that you were thinking of taking them off a car on a lot, which of course changes the cost factor greatly.

I'll be frank with you. I'm not here to stroke you guys off, but that's what a lot of you want. If you want honest advice, great. If you want to play games, I don't want your business anyway. Why are my springs better? Well, because they are the standard which others copied. Mine are the ones that have been proven time and again to perform, be it through all the happy folks with them, or my winning championships, or knocking huge amounts of time off a baseline time on a road course. But, let's face it... none of that really mattered, did it? Yeah, didn't think so.

And how I run my business is my business. I can't trust anyone to do the job I want done. Been there, tried it many, many times. And I don't believe I need to settle for mediocrity, I'd rather do it myself. See, I was never in this to get rich (and believe you me, I'm not). So I find it rather amusing when you're pissed at me. The one company you mentioned to me is NEVER AROUND here, the other has multiple people with not a whole lot of tech to add but always a link to a part.

Since this thread is about my springs, let me get it back on track with a link to this thread that has lots, and lots and lots of pics of cars on my springs, and happy customers too. Since you know, *I'M* so EVIL! https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ring-kits.html
You are a truly crazy guy... You keep saying "You picked my brain" lol WTF? YOU OWN A STORE. YOU SELL SPECIALTY PARTS. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT THEM.

Great now I'm typing in all caps.. I gotta get outta here....
Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm fixin to buy me some BMR springs.
Then there isn't much reason for you to continue to post here is it?
Old 10-14-2011, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's his first month. He's excited.... Haha
Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Who asked you to? This is my thread afterall.. Not yours.

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Then there isn't much reason for you to continue to post here is it?
Old 10-14-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Well that's where you are mistaken. This is LS1tech's thread. You don't own it and have no rights to it. The way you are going you will find that out soon enough.....Good day sir.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Sometimes they come back.

Who asked you to? This is my thread afterall.. Not yours.
Well, that's not a very neighborly attitude, now is it?

Let's all play nice!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned

Sorry I figured this thread was more trouble than it was worth. I don't want any problems and I love this site so I didn't want to risk getting banned or something.

I didn't see he was a mod either.... lol great.

Quick Reply: Are Strano Springs really that much better?