Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What would be best

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would be best

I just realized I made this thread in the wrong section earlier. Hopefully I get more info here.

Here is the thing. I plan on racing at a 1/4 dragstrip on 11/4 and don't know if I should run on street tires or et streets. So these are my options.

Should I get lca + relacation brackets and run street tires OR get a rear end girdle and run DR's? I can only do one or the other. Help me decide and keep in mind that this is my DD and it is a m6.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Sepno. The more streetable option is LCA's and relocation brackets with your street tires. They'll be with you forever and help your daily driveability. Rear end girdles are nice but may not be necessary until you add more power. Give us a call and ask for Jerry. He can get you launching and help you get the most bang for your buck.

ramey
Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sepno77
I just realized I made this thread in the wrong section earlier. Hopefully I get more info here.

Here is the thing. I plan on racing at a 1/4 dragstrip on 11/4 and don't know if I should run on street tires or et streets. So these are my options.

Should I get lca + relacation brackets and run street tires OR get a rear end girdle and run DR's? I can only do one or the other. Help me decide and keep in mind that this is my DD and it is a m6.
I'd be more worried about the stock driveshaft and rearend internals before anything else. Chances are you will experience some wheel hop and hard shifting will cause parts failures... lac's and relocators won't help a broken driveline on a DD.

The girdle isnt a bad idea, but a good driveshaft and a solid pinion bearing spacer would be the first things to address if it were me.

Quick Reply: What would be best