Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DIY Subframe connectors ?? Who's done their own??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011 | 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Do they come in any other colors...?

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Ours are $155 shipped for a weld in set that are powder coated.

You won't find any better quality parts on the market for a better price than what we have to offer. What you want to look at is material used on some of the products on the market today. Less cost usually means lesser material.
Old 11-18-2011 | 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I can get other colors done but black is the basic color for the $155 shipped.
Old 11-18-2011 | 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Capricio
Fair enough about talking on the phone, but for some of us it's hard to call during working hours. I prefer to do my research and shopping from home at my leisure, sometimes interrupted every 5 minutes. I'm not a pro racer, just a recreational enthusiast like probably 90% of the people on the forum.

Anyways, the website limitations make it hard for people like me to make a good comparison. I don't need anything custom fabricated or anything like that, just run of the mill non-adjustable TA, relocation bracket, and sway bars. After seeing your SFC design and pricing I'm curious to see what else you have. I sent you an email to your hotmail account.
The email you sent me works just as well, any type of communication is what we prefer that way we can get a feel for what our customer is doing and what their needs may be.

Kind of like I mentioned in the PM we don't do non adjustable torque arms, we feel there is no reason for it because there really is no benefit for one. Take it from someone that has been a weekend warrior like the 90% you are talking about for 20 plus years. It is always important to buy adjustable suspension because eventually you will find yourself needing it.

I have made that mistake over and over again trying to save a buck to later losing money trying to resell the item I bought to purchase something I truly needed to begin with.

Sure we could make items to price point stuff just to sell something to someone but that isn't what we are about. We like to sell quality items using good material for a good price that serve a purpose and have been built and tested by the people who sell them to you.

Plans for a better web site are in the making, problem is product goes out the door so fast here we generally don't have enough time to make pretty displays and get snap shots of it. If we slow down this winter that is our goal though but we have not had a slow winter in some time.

With that being said we are working on a long arm stock style mounting torque arm. It will be fully adjustable like our tunnel mount and come with it's own cross member. We don't get asked about them very often but it's popularity seems to be rising, we sell hundreds of our tunnel mounts every year. It has been so popular because we offer multiple versions of cross members to fit many different types of exhaust configurations.

If you need anything else just feel free to ask.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 11-18-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2011 | 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone sell a decent set of 3 point boltin/weld in SFC's for less than $300? I've heard that the weld in's need to be installed with the car on it's four wheels (aka drive on lift)
Old 11-18-2011 | 02:47 PM
Banned

Hey Rare.

We sell an awesome set during our Thanksgiving sale next week...

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=196

And yes, we recommend welding with the car as-driven. If the car is supported with the suspension hanging down or the car in a twist when welded, the SFC will actually be stressed when the car is set on all fours.

Keep in mind you can support the car on four jack stands (one under each a-arm and two under the differential) and properly weld, it just won't be as easy to get to. The car can also be on four ramps. Please be careful when supporting a car with jackstands and/or make sure your parking brake is set when using ramps...

Good luck.

ramey
Old 11-18-2011 | 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
Anyone sell a decent set of 3 point boltin/weld in SFC's for less than $300? I've heard that the weld in's need to be installed with the car on it's four wheels (aka drive on lift)
Sorry, bud. We only sell the weld-in two-points.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-18-2011 | 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

This is what I love to see.....vendors showing their respective products without all the useless drama some few vendors love to start...NICE!
Old 11-18-2011 | 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
this is what i love to see.....vendors showing their respective products without all the useless drama some few vendors love to start...nice!
big +1
Old 11-18-2011 | 04:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
It isn't anything we offer, a set of true sub frame connectors going from the front portion of the frame to the rear portion of the frame will do just fine as that is key with SFC is actually tying the two frame portions together.

We have customer's 60' well below 1.5's with our SFC and a few customers that road race/auto-x and have no issues at all. At least none they have mentioned asking us for more attaching points.
Old 11-18-2011 | 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
It isn't anything we offer, a set of true sub frame connectors going from the front portion of the frame to the rear portion of the frame will do just fine as that is key with SFC is actually tying the two frame portions together.

We have customer's 60' well below 1.5's with our SFC and a few customers that road race/auto-x and have no issues at all. At least none they have mentioned asking us for more attaching points.
Good to know, thanks. I've always heard that 3 point weld in was the way to go on these cars. Maybe I can save some money and get the 2 point weld - in's. I'll have to ask my mechanic is he can weld em in there for me. I'll keep all of you guys in mind when it comes time to buy!
Old 11-19-2011 | 02:18 AM
Launching!

Post #27 True
Old 11-19-2011 | 02:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pony Exp.305
Post #27 True
Old 11-19-2011 | 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Since this is my thread, Ill add this... Each one of those vendors PMd me about their products. None of them said anything rude about the other. Honestly, that surprised me. To me, customer service, professionalism go a long way. These vendors are professional. That makes it that much harder to choose one to buy from...
Old 11-19-2011 | 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Since this is my thread, Ill add this... Each one of those vendors PMd me about their products. None of them said anything rude about the other. Honestly, that surprised me. To me, customer service, professionalism go a long way. These vendors are professional. That makes it that much harder to choose one to buy from...
In my best announcer voice:

"...and on the final lap they're side by side, BMR drops the nose half a car length later into three! He's been driving it in pretty deep all race long for sure. UMI picks up the throttle early, wait, he has to burp it, no wait he's in it hard. UMI and BMR, neck and neck out of four. UMI had just a bit more tire left. They touch, clean hard racing. Whoa, it's UMI by a bumper at the finish!"

ramey

ps, thanks for the kind words
Old 11-19-2011 | 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR

That is precisely what irritates a few around here. When vendors behave in such a professional manner I as a potential buyer feel RESPECTED.... Bravo for these guys!
Old 11-19-2011 | 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by UMI Tech
In my best announcer voice:

"...and on the final lap they're side by side, BMR drops the nose half a car length later into three! He's been driving it in pretty deep all race long for sure. UMI picks up the throttle early, wait, he has to burp it, no wait he's in it hard. UMI and BMR, neck and neck out of four. UMI had just a bit more tire left. They touch, clean hard racing. Whoa, it's UMI by a bumper at the finish!"

ramey

ps, thanks for the kind words
Ok Ramey, you win.....
Old 11-21-2011 | 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

I built my own and had a thread a while back...I made all the measurements/cuts and welded it in a single day. The tubing I got free from work, and I actually did all the work while at work . I'll see if I can find the thread, but you could probably just search my thread history if you wanna see them.
Old 11-21-2011 | 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...onnectors.html

And I unfortunately don't have any templates, or I would gladly share them. But they are on the car now - fit perfectly and a noticeable difference. As already stated, professionally built ones are very inexpensive. But I had the time (and was actually getting payed while building them lol), and the materials were free aside from paint. But the satisfaction and bragging rights are worth it in the end

Quick Reply: DIY Subframe connectors ?? Who's done their own??