Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Crazy not to get? Redoing Suspension..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy not to get? Redoing Suspension..

So ive been reading some on a new suspension setup for my Camaro. Its basically a DD, with a few trips to the drag strip each year, but i break things more at the track it seems, so its more of a street car lol. Big cam, 4k stall.. etc

I would LOVE to do a Strano/Koni setup, but with me not being a m6 car, or a decent stall range for any type of road racing/ Auto X fun, Nor can i afford it! I think maybe i should go with the Edelbrock 33031.

Usually $250/each on sale for $160/each from a outside vendor.

Im on cut front springs, No front sway bar, stock shocks/springs with heater hose mod, so currently its a boat on the road, still not THAT bad. It hooks up great, and when i do hit the track, still cutting 1.5x 60' foots.

So anyone suggest these since they are a great deal atm? And suggest a rear shock/ spring combo?

If not, im planning to just get some Monroe Sensa Tracks for the rear and keep the stock springs since i go back and forth from street tires and bigger M/T's.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

Im no expert by any means nut Im not sure on Edelbrocks shocks. Just dont hear too many people talk about them. For 160 each in the rear? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can get a set of Koni's off car adjustable for like 149.99 each for the rear from sam strano. Might be wrong have to double check though. And he is also the man selling the best springs on the market for our cars, or so I'm told. I have yet to buy them but will someday. Like I was told, you have some expensive mods, don't cheap out on the most important part, suspension.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

The edelbrock are for the front, it's the adjustable coil over with spring. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by Sarge91; 01-26-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Anyone have any experience with the adj. fronts here? Just trying to make something good for my mods.

Quick Reply: Crazy not to get? Redoing Suspension..