Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

camaro lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just seen this, K Sam was trying to reach you etc, when you say Koni's for the buick are you talking about the special Red D's? i think there adjustable, Yes my friend had Bilstein's on his 86 GN and he took them off, he didnt like them said they were harsh,

OK what do u recomend for springs? do you sell suspension parts for the 86-87 buicks, let me know
Old 02-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Still no call back from Sam Strano, Called Two times last week , lady that answered phone said he will be back thursday, Called again thursday said he will be back tomorrow (friday) I left my Info of what i need and my contact # , still no work, Today i left another message
Old 02-18-2013, 12:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Jesus Christ Walter, I guess I should drop everything. I was on vacation, the first one I've ever taken that didn't involve work somehow. Desiree told me you left two messages, neither of which she could make out the phone number on. I guess you talked to her today, and now she has a number I can use. But guess what, I've got about 110 messages to respond to, not counting email or PM's. 26 on my voicemail right now, and I've not had a chance to deal with any, let alone the list Desiree has given me.

I just don't have the time to spend endless hours on the phones, I have things backed up from being gone that I need to deal with and I have to prioritize those things. Every time a message appears I can't just jump on each one, especially when the first couple aren't clear.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Launching!

I call her and talked to her, and she wrote down what i wanted Koni Red D's and see what you have as of springs or can get for the 87 buick T

im in business too, and "NO ONE" wants to hear a story from me, NO JOKE! they want service and results when they want it its just how people are, and its wasnt like i called one time , it was 5-6 times maybe 10 but just didnt leave a message every time and i talke to Desiree at least 3 times, she told me you were away,

Some advice, with all those backed up calles means $$ and profit! also means you are doing well and can afford to hire someone to keep things moving and someone for customer service, Even SC&C has a tech guy,
I wanted to give u my business you helped me out with my camaro in the past and gave me some advice and suspension parts selection etc and i remembered that, thats Y i wanted to give you my business, BUT i am trying to restore this car and put her together while i have the time, my business is seasonal so i only have a few weeks left to get her done for my friends muscle car party in the spring
You guys have my # i left it with her and you have me on file for the adjustable sway bar i bought from you in the fall
Old 02-18-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

We've got a local hole in the wall restaurant around my area where you can get the best wings in the North East. The thing is some nights you might have to wait a little longer to get your food depending on how busy it is. They have it written on their menus that it may take a while, but it's worth the wait. You could go to some chain restaurant and get "ok" wings.. or go to this joint and with a little patience, get the best.

Similar situation with Sam. He's got a service for our type of vehicle that I doubt you'll find for other car types.. someone who hands everyone their own @ss on a platter in autox nationals events, yet is willing to sell his own recommended setups to anyone. Though you have to be patient at times. A little patience will go a long way and you'll get the cream of the crop for a suspension setup. Or you can go to one of the other suspension companies.. service will probably be quicker.. but quality of your setup won't compare.

If you're like me and like getting hooked up from a good smaller business relationship which is more personable, then I'd relax and hang in there and stick with trying to work with Sam.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Launching!

No time to "Relax" z28bryan, Im restoring a 87 buick T-type , BRP hot rods LSX conversion kit, LS2/4L65E , 220-235 blower cam with a East coast Novi 2000 supercharger system, Alky control meth system, RJC front mounted Mega Super intercooler, GN1's duel 3" exhaust, Long tube headers with custome Y pipe, SSBC twin piston fron break calipers with slotted rottors , C5 returnless fuel system kit with a lonnies double pumper etc etc , all work done by me, and limmited amount of time

just ordered: UMI's rear upper/lower control arms , uppers adjustable poly/rotto joint combo , control arm braces, Hellwig's rear adjustable sway bar, Metco's DSL
Summit has it all, same price as everyone else, No one called me back , could have been business for them but no call, Car has to be ready for my friends Muscle car party end of may, Still alot of work to do, Still need the Konis and springs , etc etc, I dont talk i do, i like to play and i always pay my way
Old 02-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Still No call
Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybe this could be a factor to why he didn't call you back? Dunno...

Desiree told me you left two messages, neither of which she could make out the phone number on
Since he just got back from vaca and he's backed up, I'm guessing just a bad combo. You need to be reasonable and patient when working with Sam when he's busy. Also unlike a lot of sponsors, Sam's not afraid to tell anyone to f*** off if they are rude and annoying and I think that's awesome.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Sam knows my # they have called me when i ordered parts for my camaro on there there sight , they called me fast the very next day,

Im looking for Koni's and springs for my 87 Buick T-type , these parts they dont have listed on there sight for this car , But he has some experiance with the turbo buicks suspension, and can get shocks/springs for it
anyway its nice of you to defend Strano performance parts , ill give it another day , im busey today anyway, I like to give the momma pop stores some of my business i just lost my Blockbuster video store in town here where i live, Sad & sucks Longisland only had 4 stores left open the past few years , down from one in every town or so , but ours did so good, they down sized to a smaller store and it had customers all times of the day and they met there quota in less than a week which i think is pretty dam good these days, anyway they closed all stores up here, NY and NJ , there are alot of them down south from what i heard, sad to see a kinda land mark go away for ever, I never felt good when things like that happen, being in business myself,
anyway i feel i did my best reaching out to give Strano Performance Parts my business even with him having a thousand messages and e-mails to respond to, when you want you parts and need your parts and have limmited time to get a job done what else can you do but go to someone else, In a way i feel hes blowing me off, he had time to respond to this thread but not give me a call to take my order, You tell me maybe im wrong
Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe leave another message and this time make sure you speak your phone number clearly? Maybe it's possible the phone number on your old order doesn't get saved later on? Did you make a purchase through the system? If not then I can understand why he probably doesn't have your number off hand and would need to depend on the voice message for your number.

Just coming up with ideas. I'm sure he wouldn't blow anyone off. There are just times where you have to be patient. If you can't be patient, you can always look elsewhere but then he probably would be less inclined to give you advice. Sounds like you should be patient.. if he setup a GN before and knows something about it then that's a really good opportunity to find out good info about the car. You have until May.. plenty of time!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Launching!

LOL no not realy plenty of time, there is still a foot of snow on the ground cant work on it everyday, My patients runs out tomorrow, I dont play games, i build cars! you cant make your dreams with out the know how,tools and parts ,

Bryan are you stranos brother or something, you defend him with a pasion, And you say it like its my faul, i didnt leave My # clearly i find that very hard to believe when i left a few messages, and didnt i say i left my name and # with the girl that answers his phone? Listen i have no more time for this BS , either i get a call or i dont,
Old 02-19-2013, 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Nope, not a brother. Just been a customer for a long time, and when I feel like it I often defend Sam's business when people trash him for dumb reasons.

Maybe your phone s*cks and it's hard to hear you? Maybe you mumbled your phone number twice? It is what it is.. I'd leave another message with your phone number and speak it clearly. Or maybe you're coming across with an unfriendly tone (like you are doing in this thread) and he is avoiding you for that reason? Just trying to help you figure out why he's not calling you back... kicking and screaming isn't going to solve your problem.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with Z28bryan, LS2Ttype you may not like not getting attention immediately but what you are doing is not going to help you any.
Sams not just the sole owner of the business, but hes the guy that actually drives the car(s) and develops the parts. When you talk to him you are not talking to some guy that sits behind a desk all day trying to push sales numbers, you are talking to the actual engineer/driver himself.
Be patient, let him catch up with everything from being away for a while.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Let me see.... I'm now up to 28 unheard messages on my voicemail and 5 pages, front and back, of handwritten messages.

You patience runs out today? Well, it's 6:15, and I've been returning calls from the last few days in January. I might not get there today. And honestly, I don't have 3 hours to spend arguing with you about parts Walter. It took a year for you to decide on a rear swaybar. I've gone round and round with you before. I've put up with you bitching at, then hanging up on me because you didn't like something I said about something.

What is it you'd like to know? You have me here, ask your questions...

FWIW, I wonder just how many owners of a business that does the gross volume I do, you can just call up and talk to? Let alone ones that are hands on and involves as I am.... and I wonder how many of those businesses only have two employees to do all that work????
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Last edited by Sam Strano; 02-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Teching In

I have one. Do you have one of your spring/ bilstein packages in stock. If so I was going to order one tonight for my camaro.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Launching!

3 hours to spend arguing with you about parts Walter?? ill be the mature one here , my ? is what shocks/springs do you have availablefor my 87 buick T , and Price,

Hey brian keep your 2 cents to your self , help the guy out and answer some phone calles for him and take some orders etc anyone can be a wise a$$ and cause trouble behind a key board , Im talking to sam not you
Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Still no call, ON order is New AC delco springs from my good old car quest friend and ordered Konis from summit,
Old 02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Wtf.. if anyone hung up on me I'd say take your business elsewhere. Go annoy somebody else. At this point I'd just ignore you if I was him.

Also fwiw, you're not really sticking to the topic. You're complaining that your not getting calls back from Sam when the topic of this thread is spring discussion. Thanks for turning this thread into $hit for everyone
Old 02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Launching!

you can worship who ever your want , call who you want the King of suspension, a salesmen is a salesman, who cares about selling parts he uses , so do i, big deal
A engineer/driver , arent we all, Dramma Dramma Dramma, over what?? Someone your trying to buy parts From to sponcer Him, Never mind My favorite car info sight ,
"LS1Tech" Hey i tryed to contact him i tryed to reach out and and be supportive etc,

And even after his last couple of post with the "Jesus Christ Walter" and "I've put up with you bitching" comments , He askes me to post my questions about what i want for the car im building, I dont say a word and i give him another chance and ask him what springs/shocks does he have avaible or can get for my car,
NO call or Relpy etc

OK treat me like im no one and im not important to you and you wont get my sale, Ignore me or whatever you want to call it , i was trying to be supportive and mature about it,
I have all my parts comming
IM Happy
End of Story
Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Launching!

still I never recieved a call from Mr Sam Strano is been 3 months i even sent my friend his way for mustang suspension parts, I wont send any more business his way, Ill be setting up my own suspension supply and ill get myfriend his parts too

Quick Reply: camaro lowering springs