Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

camaro lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you expect a call after all the stuff you wrote???
Old 05-14-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2Ttype
still I never recieved a call from Mr Sam Strano is been 3 months i even sent my friend his way for mustang suspension parts, I wont send any more business his way, Ill be setting up my own suspension supply and ill get myfriend his parts too
Good luck with that. Tell me the name of the place so I can avoid it
Old 05-15-2013, 03:02 AM
Staging Lane

I'm not sure what people expect from Sam... He's just a guy. He's just like anyone you'd run into at a track day or meet. He's a grass roots motor sport enthusiast that's turned his passion into a business. When you see that what you're doing has positive results or that you can do something better than the next guy, you would capitalize on it. I can build supras better than most independent "shops" so I do it as a side job.

I support Sam because he's an enthusiast just like anyone else: I respect what he accomplishes
And
I support bmr because they are local to me and not generic eBay parts slingers.

I'm used to the civil discourse between shops/retailers. It's ongoing on supraforums. Problem is that sf is sponsored by one specific turbo supplier and operated by a huge parts retailer. So if stuff is said that slanders either, the content is deleted. But the site sponsors always have competition going on. No one calls them children for bickering. When one shop had the worlds quickest and fastest street tire car and the other holds the stock 6sp/IRS record, things get real interesting.

Point is, be glad there are people this passionate about making stuff for these cars.

And, don't be a bitch when you can't get thru to the retailer. Since August, the ar15 market has been an utter disaster. You flat out could not even place orders. I couldn't even contact retailers like rguns, mega machine, brownells, del-ton, aero precision, etc. I had to hunt hourly for chances to even just place an order. I ordered parts come palmetto state, never got shipping notifications, and stuff would take forever to even show up. I ordered a 11.5" barrel from del-ton in January, STILL hasn't shipped. I ordered an m16 bcg from rguns... Never knew when they were gonna charge my card, or even ship. One day, 8wks later, my bcg shows up.

That said, if you want quality niche parts from a small independent business, be patient. The more you call to be an problem-child customer with a jillion questions or update requests, the longer the delay becomes for you AND everyone else in the queue.

Now... What I wanna know (critical thinking now), is if something is "the best", why would it need to be functionally altered? If its already the best, it should stand the test of time without needing updates and changes because you designed it correctly the First time.
Just sayin...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

That is bullshit, we've spoken many times and you've got parts on the car from here. In fact you'd call me and keep me on the phone for hours asking the same thing over and and over again. I can't tell you how many times I told you that damned massive drag bar was too much.

Further how about the time back in about 2008 or 2009 you hung up on me?
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Is the education system in this country really THAT bad? I mean, some of these posts are borderline illiterate.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Is the education system in this country really THAT bad? I mean, some of these posts are borderline illiterate.
My eyes are crossed from trying to follow some of this stuff.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Launching!

Yes sir Mr Strano, we installed your 22mm three way adjustable Hellwig sway bar on my camaro tonight, Set it at the "soft" street position for now to see how it rides, Took the Spohn Drag monster off, putting it up for sale if anyone is interested. Yes you spent time with me on the phone your a salesmen and i bought parts from you, and i sent a few people your way for helping me out, Im a salesmen too and its all part of the business talking to people and convincing them you are better than the next guy, I had $2K in suspension parts i needed for my buick , and was going to give the business to you, Yes you sam, even after hanging up on you due to frustration and BS back in 2009, I called you over the winter 5 times you were away according to the lady who answers your phone, i left many messages for her to give to you, anyway you never called me back etc and how long am i suppose to wait when my car project had a deadline for a big annual muscle car party my friend has every year, i can see waiting the week till you got back but after a month of no call i figured you didnt want my business, A very good friend of mine with a 2012 5.0 is very interested in suspension upgrades, he was going to go with all ford racing suspension but i convinced him to go with your stuff, are you going to blow him off too. To be honest being in business myself for 19 years, People dont give a rats *** about your problems running your business or the drama that comes with it they want either results or their product ASAP, if your good and worth waiting for they will work with ya but everyone i know dont want to wait for long, its just the nature of it, if there willing to send there $$ your way they want service ASAP, tell me if im wrong.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

I was almost starting to consider strano's parts after all the recommendations on the forum. after looking at the prices it was starting to sway me back to BMR, my original choice. now after seeing how hot headed he is, i dont want to give him any of my money nor do i want any of his parts near my car. i can just see him getting all pissed at the shop and saying "yeah whatever box them up they're fine" about something that he knows is ****. bmr's are going on today and im confident i will be more than happy with them.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2Ttype
Yes sir Mr Strano, we installed your 22mm three way adjustable Hellwig sway bar on my camaro tonight, Set it at the "soft" street position for now to see how it rides, Took the Spohn Drag monster off, putting it up for sale if anyone is interested. Yes you spent time with me on the phone your a salesmen and i bought parts from you, and i sent a few people your way for helping me out, Im a salesmen too and its all part of the business talking to people and convincing them you are better than the next guy, I had $2K in suspension parts i needed for my buick , and was going to give the business to you, Yes you sam, even after hanging up on you due to frustration and BS back in 2009, I called you over the winter 5 times you were away according to the lady who answers your phone, i left many messages for her to give to you, anyway you never called me back etc and how long am i suppose to wait when my car project had a deadline for a big annual muscle car party my friend has every year, i can see waiting the week till you got back but after a month of no call i figured you didnt want my business, A very good friend of mine with a 2012 5.0 is very interested in suspension upgrades, he was going to go with all ford racing suspension but i convinced him to go with your stuff, are you going to blow him off too. To be honest being in business myself for 19 years, People dont give a rats *** about your problems running your business or the drama that comes with it they want either results or their product ASAP, if your good and worth waiting for they will work with ya but everyone i know dont want to wait for long, its just the nature of it, if there willing to send there $$ your way they want service ASAP, tell me if im wrong.
I seriously LOLed...
This again?
Seems kinda weird with how much supposed trouble you are having yet you still recommend him to other people...
Me personally I would rather wait for the right part or recommendation than get something that you don't need/hurts your goals that some salesman sold to you because its a high margin piece.

Originally Posted by lt16spd1
I was almost starting to consider strano's parts after all the recommendations on the forum. after looking at the prices it was starting to sway me back to BMR, my original choice. now after seeing how hot headed he is, i dont want to give him any of my money nor do i want any of his parts near my car. i can just see him getting all pissed at the shop and saying "yeah whatever box them up they're fine" about something that he knows is ****. bmr's are going on today and im confident i will be more than happy with them.
You may need to start taking things into context and actually do some searching before you come to a conclusion. Especially since the company you are buying from has quite a few skeletons in their closet...
And what "shop" are you talking about??? -again do some research and try again.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I seriously LOLed...
This again?
Seems kinda weird with how much supposed trouble you are having yet you still recommend him to other people...
Me personally I would rather wait for the right part or recommendation than get something that you don't need/hurts your goals that some salesman sold to you because its a high margin piece.

You may need to start taking things into context and actually do some searching before you come to a conclusion. Especially since the company you are buying from has quite a few skeletons in their closet...
And what "shop" are you talking about??? -again do some research and try again.
maybe shop isnt the right wording, but wherever he does his work and gets his quality control done. after seeing numerous threads with him ready to attack anyone that doesnt side with him, i dont want anything to do with him. he has a horrible business impression, regardless of how good his parts are. im sure he knows his stuff and im not doubting him. i mean, the thread with the guy talking about bmr lowering springs vs stranos, and how stranos barely gave him any drop at all, the guy got his head bitten off by strano. he can't take any disagreement no matter how polite someone is about it. like i said, hot headed, bmr has not shown me that and they have a more professional first impression. im sure every company has "skeletons in their closet," but oh well. i know bmr makes quality parts and lots of people like them, i also know that alot of people like stranos parts and say he does great work, but from a good amount of threads ive seen on the forum, he seems extremely hot headed and ready to fight with anyone who says hes wrong about anything. regardless of whether they are right or not, he gives off this "i am better than you and this is why" feeling. i really dont care to deal with someone like that. if im wrong, then hes doing a damn shitty job portraying the right impression to people who browse here and have never even heard of him. thats what is hurting his business, not competitors. if his business isnt hurting, then why cant he stop accusing every other suspension company of doing something wrong or being inferior?

Last edited by lt16spd1; 05-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:37 AM
Launching!

maybe shop isnt the right wording, but wherever he does his work and gets his quality control done. after seeing numerous threads with him ready to attack anyone that doesnt side with him, i dont want anything to do with him. he has a horrible business impression, regardless of how good his parts are. im sure he knows his stuff and im not doubting him. i mean, the thread with the guy talking about bmr lowering springs vs stranos, and how stranos barely gave him any drop at all, the guy got his head bitten off by strano. he can't take any disagreement no matter how polite someone is about it. like i said, hot headed, bmr has not shown me that and they have a more professional first impression. im sure every company has "skeletons in their closet," but oh well. i know bmr makes quality parts and lots of people like them, i also know that alot of people like stranos parts and say he does great work, but from a good amount of threads ive seen on the forum, he seems extremely hot headed and ready to fight with anyone who says hes wrong about anything. regardless of whether they are right or not, he gives off this "i am better than you and this is why" feeling. i really dont care to deal with someone like that. if im wrong, then hes doing a damn shitty job portraying the right impression to people who browse here and have never even heard of him. thats what is hurting his business, not competitors. if his business isnt hurting, then why cant he stop accusing every other suspension company of doing something wrong or being inferior?
You hit the nail dead center on the head! I agree, what a bunch of BS just trying to order parts.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

maybe shop isnt the right wording, but wherever he does his work and gets his quality control done. after seeing numerous threads with him ready to attack anyone that doesnt side with him, i dont want anything to do with him.
I have yet to see him "attack" anyone, only defend himself.
he has a horrible business impression, regardless of how good his parts are. im sure he knows his stuff and im not doubting him. i mean, the thread with the guy talking about bmr lowering springs vs stranos, and how stranos barely gave him any drop at all, the guy got his head bitten off by strano.
Oh you mean the thread he offered a ton of advice in, then offered another set of springs at cost to the customer, only to be attacked by the typical mindless haters who gave no inside, advice or help at all?

he can't take any disagreement no matter how polite someone is about it. like i said, hot headed, bmr has not shown me that and they have a more professional first impression. im sure every company has "skeletons in their closet," but oh well. i know bmr makes quality parts and lots of people like them, i also know that alot of people like stranos parts and say he does great work, but from a good amount of threads ive seen on the forum, he seems extremely hot headed and ready to fight with anyone who says hes wrong about anything. regardless of whether they are right or not, he gives off this "i am better than you and this is why" feeling. i really dont care to deal with someone like that. if im wrong, then hes doing a damn shitty job portraying the right impression to people who browse here and have never even heard of him. thats what is hurting his business, not competitors. if his business isnt hurting, then why cant he stop accusing every other suspension company of doing something wrong or being inferior?
Ive only seen him question one suspension company after they had a spring they claimed was the best, then drastically redesign it to be near identical to his (and after being approached by the company they used to reverse engineer his spring to start making his springs for cheaper). (oh yeah and before all this they wanted him to solely sell all their parts, when refused they threatened to put him out of business) These "professionals" also like to delete any thread they are questioned in, or have customers complaining about broken parts in (seems they are letting these slide now). On top of that they went out and bought web domain names with their competitions name in them (umisucks.com, umisucksdick.com, umiparts.com)... Yea real professional. Those are the sketchy people I wouldn't want to do business with.
Meanwhile Sam Strano is developing parts from his own experience racing, and is generous enough to take the time to talk to people about how and why they work, and will talk you out of parts you don't need. Hes the guy racing his own cars, giving driving lessons and track instructions while the other guys are behind desks trying to hit numbers.
Go to an autox even and mention the name "Strano", Im willing to be numerous people have heard of him or have first hand experience with him (not all Fbody owners either). Mention the other name and you either get a blank stare, or they say "oh the company with all the broken stuff?"
Old 05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

I just Googled what springs are the best for my 2000 Camaro SS and found this? Damn you Google. I just read for a half an hour and wish I could have those minutes back.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by apicia
I just Googled what springs are the best for my 2000 Camaro SS and found this? Damn you Google. I just read for a half an hour and wish I could have those minutes back.
I just did the same thing!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Teching In

Yea same here this is a "My dad can beat up your dad " type of thread but yet I can see where everyone comes from every business is going to have there issues but ill admit Sam had ***** to tell off customers I mean that can be good or bad but it's whatever.... Still not to sure who I wanna go with ha

Quick Reply: camaro lowering springs