Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just stickers,that i can see.......pass or driver side.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bramlok
I mean, come on now. You bought a used car. If everything checked out ok when you bought it, what exactly are you complaining about? That the original owner didn't have a crystal ball to foresee problems in the future?

If the rear end was and is fine when you bought it, what's the problem? If he blew it and and repaired it, so what? These rear ends grenade all the time.
I don't know. It's the principle of the matter. I feel like I should have been informed. And it wasn't quite like that. I agreed to buy the car a week before I actually bought it (complicated loan business on his end). It was during this time he blew the rear end. I know they go out all the time, but to blow it between that week? Come on. I know what he was doing.

Originally Posted by dabest09
So what you're sayin is those brakes are old as hell that's why they look like that?
I'm saying they might be. Honestly, I don't know. All I've got is the previous owner's word and he's not so good in my eyes right now. But I bought a set from BrakeMotive and I'll be trying them out in a week or so. So we'll see how that goes. (Not drilled and slotted though, only slotted ) I'll give a real, complete review when I've gone through them 100% myself.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Just My $.02 I Bought A Complete Set About Almost 2 Years Ago For My Lincoln LS ( I Also Have An 02 FB WS6 The Lincoln Was A Bad Decision 4 Yrs Ago) And I Beat The **** Out Of Them Still Smooth As A Babys Butt And No Warping Or Cracks I Really Tried Hard TO F em Up Too On Average I had My LS doing at least 110 on a daily basis i just started to to the speed limit with it but imo they are a good temp solution
Old 02-29-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why i'm thinking about going with a dimpled/slotted rotor, you get all the looks of a cross drilled rotor but without all the inherent problems.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where you get the dimpled ones?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude just go ahead and get them! Don't let one bad apple turn you away from buying them when he didn't even put them on himself. He doesn't know what those brakes have been through and how old they are. The only issue I have with mine is that they sometimes squeak at low speeds, but usually only when there's a lot of moisture in the air.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dabest09
Dude just go ahead and get them! Don't let one bad apple turn you away from buying them when he didn't even put them on himself. He doesn't know what those brakes have been through and how old they are.
i agree... and on top of that there is no proof that has been posted that states that those are indeed Brakemotive so i see no reason why he (the op) shouldnt get a set
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Wish BrakeMotive would chime in....
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Like I said, I talked with BrakeMotive. I'm happy with the service received and I did buy anouther set, slotted only. I'd say go with them. Even if you have to replace them twice as often as higher cost rotors (not saying you do), it's probably still cheaper to run BM because they are a hell of a deal.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you'all are being naive if you think your cross drilled rotors aren't going to eventually crack over time with some hard braking, it's really just inevitable with a cross drilled rotor IMO. Do a search there's lots of cases of this happening from brakemotive to Brembo, just think about it if you cross drill some holes in any brand of rotor its going to weaken somewhat. If you must have holes in your rotor I'd get one forged with the holes already in it, not one with the holes drilled out.

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
where you get the dimpled ones?
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...o-all-4-save-/ (available in gold anodized & black anodized)

http://speed-eng.com/store/powerslot...dy-p-8372.html
Old 03-01-2012, 05:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had the slotted only versions on mine for about a year, the hubs are still rust free and they brake smooth. When I received them the fronts were warped and Brake motive sent me a new front pair and had them to my door in 2 days. Honestly when these wear out I will probably buy another set, the price is good and I don't think I have ever heard mine squeak.

Oh and Azar_Hawke, how do you know these are Brakemotive rotors? Not trying to start anything just curious.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Previous owner said that's where they were from.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azar_Hawke
Previous owner said that's where they were from.
With no idea of how long they have been run, I would think it would be hard to bad mouth them. Not to mention pretty much any cross drilled rotor will develop crack except for the really expensive ones.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Yes. And I posted an apology earlier in the thread. I'm trying not to repeat myself too much, but like I said, I bought a new slotted set from them (because, well, I need brakes). I'll write a complete review in a month or two, and anouther when they are almost gone.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
With no idea of how long they have been run, I would think it would be hard to bad mouth them. Not to mention pretty much any cross drilled rotor will develop crack except for the really expensive ones.
+1 they dont even look like their drilled/slotted to me...
i had the slotted only setup on my 99 t/a for about 6k miles before i sold it and they were great to me and their customer service was on point...
A+ for BrakeMotive and i might be placing another order for my new t/a
Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azar_Hawke
Yes. And I posted an apology earlier in the thread. I'm trying not to repeat myself too much, but like I said, I bought a new slotted set from them (because, well, I need brakes). I'll write a complete review in a month or two, and anouther when they are almost gone.
Give them a shot, for the price I think they are a good set-up.

The don't sell them in blanks IIRC, try the slotted only like me and ISMELLRICE. You won't have to worry about that problem and they were quick to take care of me when the ones I received were warped.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then just get slotted only and be done with it.

/Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

^ but the DnS look sooo cool.. haha... I think Ill stick with the slotted set... just to be safe.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah they do look a lot cooler, that's why I got them lol. Either way you'll be happy I think.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Default brake motive

i love my brakes have them in front no issues!

Quick Reply: Share BRAKEMOTIVE Long term use review...I want to know