Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SJM abs delete/line lock kit with leaky line

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SJM abs delete/line lock kit with leaky line

I bought a abs delete and line lock kit a while back and I'm finally getting to the point of driving the car and the rear line leaks. The one that goes from the line lock to the rear brakes is leaking. It's not the supplied line of course, but the one that I flared. Is it possible to have the wrong fitting on it? It feels much looser going into the coupling then the supplied line. It also appears that the supplied line has the bubble flare compared to my double flare that I did. I'm open to suggestions here, I can't have my brakes going out on my car going down the track.

It's a huge PITA to do the flare with everything in the way. I'm not opposed to taking the hole line off and doing it in the vice. I'm not well versed in brakes, is there a certain fitting that is used with the bubble flare and one with the double flare? Also, the flaring kit that I have doesn't specify sae or metric, just the tubing size in sae, could that be a problem or is the flare independent to the tubing size?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed one. Btw, I hope you mean the line running from the Prop. valve to the rear line. LL goes on the front. If you somehow managed to put the LL on the rear that would already be bad, the rears will lock up way to early. Anyway your problem is most likely that the flare on the factory line is just bad. It is a double flare and I can only imagine how much of a bitch it would be to do with the engine in the car. I had mine out already. It is most likely not straight and not a good flare.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are correct, it's from the proportioning valve. I'm going to see if I can't re-flare it with a different fitting and see if it doesn't leak this time. Otherwise the whole line is getting re-done.

Quick Reply: SJM abs delete/line lock kit with leaky line