Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Greetings & Questions about Strano

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Chris-

I just talked to Jessica, and I'm sure she'll tell you it went smoothly. FWIW, I am extremely busy and I often run a few days behind. BUT, in this case you are about to find out a big reason I was waiting to contact your wife about the order.....

Koni's are on sale starting in the morning. I just saved you about $150 on your order. That's why I was waiting. For all the fire I take because I'm not a ego-stroker, I make it a point to try and do the right thing....

As for the fellow with the brake line. You know you have a lot of nerve. I was trying to help you depsite the fact you didn't buy the brake lines from me. And you hung up on me because I couldn't get my damned Crystal Ball to work to know if the hard line *you had made* had the right fittings to fit the flex line.... the flex line you bought elsewhere, and didn't work, and was replaced, and the replacement wasn't right, which caused you call me.

Seriously, some of you guys have major stones getting pissed at me when you do thing like that. The lines bolt up to stock fittings. If you guy used stock fittings they'll work. I can't know that he did, you sure couldn't tell me. So I'm sorry if I treated like you were clueless, but seems you were. Or you weren't listening to me in the first place.

Anyway Chris, you are all set. We figured with the car being black and white that Black UMI parts would be best (if you want red, tell ASAP).

I want to personally thank you for your service. One of my best friends at age 31 left his job (a good one at that) to join the Army and went to basic last week. It's a sacrifice for our country by both our soldiers and their families. Thank you.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the sale on the konis?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...g-savings.html
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

As has been seen here, Sam is the man. When I ordered my Strano springs and Koni's the transaction couldn't of been more smooth. Same thing a month ago when I ordered bumpstops, braided brake lines, and hollow sways. I'm almost sad I don't have anything left to order from Sam.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive only had two experiecnes with sam and both have been very postive. I am 100% satisfied. And I will be placing another big order from him tomorrow
Old 02-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just have to catch him when he's in a good mood. Back in the day on FRRAX he once went off and later apologized saying he had broken up with his girlfriend....typical high school childishness.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Chris-

I just talked to Jessica, and I'm sure she'll tell you it went smoothly. FWIW, I am extremely busy and I often run a few days behind. BUT, in this case you are about to find out a big reason I was waiting to contact your wife about the order.....

Koni's are on sale starting in the morning. I just saved you about $150 on your order. That's why I was waiting. For all the fire I take because I'm not a ego-stroker, I make it a point to try and do the right thing....

As for the fellow with the brake line. You know you have a lot of nerve. I was trying to help you depsite the fact you didn't buy the brake lines from me. And you hung up on me because I couldn't get my damned Crystal Ball to work to know if the hard line *you had made* had the right fittings to fit the flex line.... the flex line you bought elsewhere, and didn't work, and was replaced, and the replacement wasn't right, which caused you call me.

Seriously, some of you guys have major stones getting pissed at me when you do thing like that. The lines bolt up to stock fittings. If you guy used stock fittings they'll work. I can't know that he did, you sure couldn't tell me. So I'm sorry if I treated like you were clueless, but seems you were. Or you weren't listening to me in the first place.
I think what is in bold was the problem YOU had with our whole conversation. I told you from the get go I had not bought the Russell lines from you but I was calling you because I needed a replacement and was willing to buy whatever you would have recommended. I never called you with the intention of getting free assistance. I was ready to buy whatever brand lines you would have recommended but first I wanted to explain my issue so that YOU could help me order the right stuff from you. I never got a chance to finish explaining or offer to email you some pictures if needed because all you did was cut me off and ridicule my "clueless" question. I apologize for hanging up but I had wasted enough of your time and I was calling from work so I told you nevermind and thanks and hung up.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 AM
12 Second Club

Most hydraulic specialty places can fix or make that one hose for you.within one day to boot.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok, let's just finish this off..... Nobody will please everyone. I've tried, and when I'm super nice, I get kicked in the ***** for it. I'm human, subject to bad days and emotions like any of you. If you want a robot, call someone else.

Seriously.

I'm one guy. ONE guy. Just look at what I do here everyday, and I'm on 4 other forums, I have cars to prep, boxes to ship, parts to bill out, parts to order, parts to package, Advice to give (and of course everyone wants that for free, and then there are the folks that think it's ok to buy stuff elsewhere then want me to set it up for them), phone calls to answer, phone calls to return.... need I go on? I'm not a perfect being, I'm not and I won't ever be. I've given up trying to coddle people because it doesn't really matter.

I'm honest, and doing the best I can. If you don't like or can't live with those qualities that's ok, but why smash me over the head? I admit I'm not perfect.

Chris, as for your message about a $2k order. How did you sent it? I never saw it. I get about 400 messages a day, and sometimes I miss one and I'm sorry that I missed yours.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

**** like this is what makes me swear I'll never operate a retail business.
I'd be telling people to **** right off, and die angry and broke.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok, let's just finish this off..... Nobody will please everyone. I've tried, and when I'm super nice, I get kicked in the ***** for it. I'm human, subject to bad days and emotions like any of you. If you want a robot, call someone else.

Seriously.

I'm one guy. ONE guy. Just look at what I do here everyday, and I'm on 4 other forums, I have cars to prep, boxes to ship, parts to bill out, parts to order, parts to package, Advice to give (and of course everyone wants that for free, and then there are the folks that think it's ok to buy stuff elsewhere then want me to set it up for them), phone calls to answer, phone calls to return.... need I go on? I'm not a perfect being, I'm not and I won't ever be. I've given up trying to coddle people because it doesn't really matter.

I'm honest, and doing the best I can. If you don't like or can't live with those qualities that's ok, but why smash me over the head? I admit I'm not perfect.

Chris, as for your message about a $2k order. How did you sent it? I never saw it. I get about 400 messages a day, and sometimes I miss one and I'm sorry that I missed yours.
Understood. I apologize for any misunderstanding. Have a good day sir.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
**** like this is what makes me swear I'll never operate a retail business.
I'd be telling people to **** right off, and die angry and broke.
Me too, lol
Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Seriously.

Hey Sam, about the email, I sent it to the email address provided on your site. Don't worry about it, everyone here said it would be worth the wait, and it was. And yeah my wife told me you were very nice, and that you waited to put the order through so you could include it in the sale.
That's...
That's just..
Outstanding in my book, Bravo Zulu for that Shipmate. Any where else, I'm positive would've put it through before the sale, and said "oh well".
You're a stand up guy for that, and if there's ever anything else I need for my car that you sell, best believe I'll get it from you.
Once again, thanks everyone here the reassurance to order.

And thank you Sam Strano, for the excellent customer service.

I'm out.

ps. I won't kick you in the *****.

Last edited by LunaCHRIS; 03-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did the same thing for me. Couldn't tell anyone why he wasn't putting orders through or anything though, promised not to lol
Old 03-03-2012, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

My experience with Sam has been positive as well. Crazy story, I bought the SLP Bilstein shock package from Sam, and I had a front shock blow out like a week or two after I put them on. Called Sam, he directed me to SLP, there customer service was less than desirable so I called Sam back and he gave me the number to Blistein USA and they promptly sent me out a shock. I had to send them back the other one and they wanted to look at it before they refunded my deposit, which they did it had some kind of valving issue no big deal Sam handled it. I recently called Sam and ordered the hollow sway bar set, which I received promptly and put on today. All I can say is WOW, I had no idea the sway bars would make that much of a difference. I know what you guys say about Sam and talking to him. He may seem like a know it all, but I tell you what, you win 7 SCCA Solo national championships in a Fbody and see if you don't know what will work and what wont. He's been there and done that at a very high level. The problem with a lot of people is, if the expert doesn't agree with them he's a butt hole, well Sam has cred, if you listen your car will be better, way way better and you won't waste money on BS parts.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

My sentiments exactly Rodinator,
I listened to the so-called "experts" here years ago when I wanted to work on the suspension of my 93Z28, I ended up getting the Eibach Prokits and factory deCarbons and 35/25mm swaybars from RKSports, folks told me I was in real good shape and that I would love how it drove...

HATED it.

Then others told me get to Tokiko's and AGX's and Bilstein's, I actually tried all three of these shocks and guess what?

HATED it.

someone finally PM'd me and told me to talk to Sam, he convinced me to go for the Koni's and the rest is history.
Sam even told me not to go for the GC coilovers but I wanted the ability to raise/lower my stance, and he told me that Koni would not honor their warranty because part of the Koni shocks had to be grounded off in order for the shocks to fit the springs, but I went for it anyway as I was concerned that his 550lb front springs would be too stiff for me, so I got 500lb fronts & 150 rears for the GC coilover springs.

I was wrong again.

I should've listened to him.

Now I have 600lb fronts & 200lb rears due to my stereo setup in the back, all the components & subwoofers weigh a lot so the 200lb rear springs were the best way to go.

Again, Sam worked with me and I have been a great fan of his ever since, I'll buy everything that I can from him now, he's got a customer for life.

Oh yeah, in case anyone is wondering, Koni DA's fronts, 4 sweeps from full firm, and one full from soft for the rear SA's, my rear DA's blew and Sam told me they probably would so I replaced them with the SA's, car is quite pleasing to drive in the city and a ******* MONSTER in the twisties.

I couldn't be happier!!!

Quick Reply: Greetings & Questions about Strano