Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Another satisfied Stagg shocks owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 02:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Not everyone can afford Sams parts.. I know I cant. Everything I do is on a budget.... To be honest, Sams suspension setups are probably overkill on 95% of the cars on this forum.... Most people will never push their car to its limits, regardless if they think they do or not...
You don't have to push the car to the limits to see the difference in the right parts. The shocks have no idea where you are driving the car, they damp the mass of the car. Folks notice the difference halfway down their block most of the time.

I have to point this out, because I notice it's common when folks say "I can't afford that". I see you have a converter and a Volant intake, maybe few other things. Those aren't what I'd call dirt cheap. We are talking less than $400 for Bilstein's here. How much was the converter? How much was the intake (got to be a good $200-250 anyway, right?). Now think about this, we are talking about cheap shocks that at work all the time, that have to deal with everything you put your car though every day.... for $170 or whatever a set. How good do you think the quality is of the parts inside? I mean if an intake that's largely plastic costs what it does and all....
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-29-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking as an actual owner of these shocks and having been in a car with Konis and stranos the difference is very noticeable. For example every big bump on the freeway and I hit the bumpstops, that won't happen with stranos and Konis. Will I upgrade someday? Probably. This setup as I said isn't for everyone, its very low but not too low that I can't get around. But at the same time its better that running stock shocks and cut springs like some people do on here. I love this setup for 200 bucks. But it doesn't compare to a better setup unless you are talking visually, than this wins
Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
Speaking as an actual owner of these shocks and having been in a car with Konis and stranos the difference is very noticeable. For example every big bump on the freeway and I hit the bumpstops, that won't happen with stranos and Konis. Will I upgrade someday? Probably. This setup as I said isn't for everyone, its very low but not too low that I can't get around. But at the same time its better that running stock shocks and cut springs like some people do on here. I love this setup for 200 bucks. But it doesn't compare to a better setup unless you are talking visually, than this wins
Glad to see someone else had the guts to post about something besides Koni and Bilstien. Whatever you like is what it is all about anyway isn't it? Just don't buy into what the ****'s on this site have to say. Koni I might put on a $50,000 vette but for my $4,000 Z28 Monroe is Fantastic. You keep us informed on those shocks and how they do.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Not everyone can afford Sams parts.. I know I cant. Everything I do is on a budget.... To be honest, Sams suspension setups are probably overkill on 95% of the cars on this forum.... Most people will never push their car to its limits, regardless if they think they do or not...
100% I could not have said it better! Thank You.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You don't have to push the car to the limits to see the difference in the right parts. The shocks have no idea where you are driving the car, they damp the mass of the car. Folks notice the difference halfway down their block most of the time.
X2. I ran my car and my dad's car back to back at the drag strip. He has a 40k mile 2000 WS6, and I have the car in my sig. I couldn't believe the difference between both cars in a straight line on a perfectly smooth surface. His felt like a boat floating all over the place while mine felt like it was glued to the road, and the difference became even more apparent on the brakes.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

So, to sum up. Either a person cares how well the stuff works, or really doesn't, and whatever they end up with is good enough.

That's basically what's being said here.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sam get your website going! How can i look at stuff if i cant see it
Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
Sam get your website going! How can i look at stuff if i cant see it
I'm trying.... the server got knocked out. I'm so damned backed up with work I'm still not caught up despite it being out all day.

I promise we're working on it as hard as we can.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
So, to sum up. Either a person cares how well the stuff works, or really doesn't, and whatever they end up with is good enough.

That's basically what's being said here.
Not exactly, I know I can get half my money back when and if I take this setup off. So really it was a 100 dollar gamble for me. Right now pretty much my only driving is on the freeway so as long as this rode better than my stockers Id be happy. And I am. I have other areas of my car that needed addressing so I couldn't dump money into my shocks too much. If I did I would have had a great proven suspension setup but that what if factor of running these would have popped in my head. I've had plenty of products that did the job, but I wasn't happy with.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

op,
Is that price for all 4 shocks? Im looking for budget shocks all corners. I alredy got good eibach springs. Just need shocks.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah it was 170 shipped to me.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Small update, I installed UMI LCAs and a panhard bar last night, the bottoming out is gone. So now the sportlines feel a lot better
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With all the falling values of 4th Gens, they are bringing in waves of wet-behind-the-ear youngins who have no money and are buying cheap quality and probably scraping money in college.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

My decision was based on saving money, not because I don't have any
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

My decision was based on saving money, not because I don't have any

Now that's Funny, ya see the problem here is that you have an individual thinking mind and that does not set well with the Bilstien Clones here.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's see, German engineering/made with Bilstein, and can anyone even figure out where Stagg is engineered?! Obviously made in China...

I mean all you get is "info@staggshocks.com" not even a phone # or address... Really makes you wonder! Fly by night operation?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just because something was made in China doesn't make it bad. And like I said, when and if I do upgrade this will have been less than 100 dollars invested
Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because something was made in China doesn't make it bad. And like I said, when and if I do upgrade this will have been less than 100 dollars invested
Man do what u gotta do. It's ur car. As the name suggests, I'm a complete noob when it comes to Chevys (having previously owned an 88 maxda FC, and a Honda prelude) but as a car owner in general, I too understand where ur coming from. These shocks and springs ur using I haven't even heard off, so keep us posted on how they do.

I also agree with mr. Strano, as that these are mods that wOrk 100 percent Of the time. I for one am running agx's all around with stranos, and I get hassle about em all the time. Being a recent member here, I find that when alot of peoPle swear by koni's, they must be godly. Will be getting some as soon as my return comes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonLS1noob
Man do what u gotta do. It's ur car. As the name suggests, I'm a complete noob when it comes to Chevys (having previously owned an 88 maxda FC, and a Honda prelude) but as a car owner in general, I too understand where ur coming from. These shocks and springs ur using I haven't even heard off, so keep us posted on how they do.

I also agree with mr. Strano, as that these are mods that wOrk 100 percent Of the time. I for one am running agx's all around with stranos, and I get hassle about em all the time. Being a recent member here, I find that when alot of peoPle swear by koni's, they must be godly. Will be getting some as soon as my return comes
I would suggest finding a fellow f-body owner in your area who's got Koni's on their car and ask for a ride, that would help you with your decision.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@carlos01ss: I see ur from cypress. I workout at the Carson 24 hr magic sport in the ikea plaza. Granted I don't think I've been to cypress, but I think it's close by lol.

As for the ride from a fellow f-body owner, I can't seem to find any -_- I'm Filipino and I used to drive a Mazda and Honda so most of my friends are into the JDM scene. Non of them are jdm ****** however, we love and respect all cars, but the only thing they love American cars for are lifted trucks with BLINDING headlights lol

I've already decided on getting the On car SA koni's for my rears as soon as my tax return comes in. I wanna take advantage of sam's sale going on right now.

Quick Reply: Another satisfied Stagg shocks owner