Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founder Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

That's kinda nice to hear though for a change... not a copy and paste part.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoLLo
He tried to explain to me that only their torque arm will have articulation capability and that it will use a different bushing on the crossmember.... But my UMI torque arm is round on the end, unlike the stock torque arm that's shaped like the number 3. The round end of the UMI torque arm will allow articulation, and fore/aft movement. Either he's not familiar with UMIs products, or he has some wildly different mount planned.
The factory length torque arms we sell do indeed have the round nose which allows the rear to articulate nicely and also allows the nose to move fore and aft. It's a very free moving system.

The short, tunnel mount torque arm does have two round poly bushings and side plates and a case can be made that it doesn't articulate as much as the round nose style. The good thing is, these are usually used for street and strip instead of auto-x/road race, and therefore the point is moot. Also, a 3800 lb car has no trouble twisting a poly bushing anyway...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally ordered their lower control arms, relocation brackets, panhard rod, sfc, and strut tower brace on the 8th.. Anyone know if they are out for spring break or something?.? I've been calling daily to check the status and never get an answer..
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

ya thats all we ever hear is 2-3 months im sorry i dont think it takes that long to get bushings in...

im about to order umi tq

if founders doesnt come out by the time umi has another sell ill just order umi
Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I'll be getting Founders everything. I'm just torn between poly/rod or rod/rod. That's literally ALL that's holding me back.
Poly/rod. Poly on the car, rod on the axle. It will be noiser, but it will bind less.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Hate to bump this old thread but I have a question about the founder performance relocation rod kit would work wwith a car running the kooks true dual setup? Cheaper than i thought!!!

http://www.foundersperformance.com/p...elocation-kit/
Old 12-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

So who hear has the founders TQ arm and what do you think they look and feel stronger then the sphoon. i have heard that it is the strongest on the market. if its anything like there other products i definitely want one
Old 12-28-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Bump thread for answers..
Old 12-28-2013, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kooks TD is not a super common kit so it may take some time to get a response. I know of one person @LPE403 that has Kooks TD.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks nate hopefully somebody knows tho.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Baconz28
Hate to bump this old thread but I have a question about the founder performance relocation rod kit would work wwith a car running the kooks true dual setup? Cheaper than i thought!!!

http://www.foundersperformance.com/p...elocation-kit/
I'm running Kooks True Duals with Founders PHB Reloc. and Founders single adj. poly/rod PHB. My car is also lowered on Stranos....

I've got maybe 1/4" of clerance between the upper PHB support and the over-axle tubes but could probably have much more if I wasn't lowered.

So...overall no fitment issues.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks^^^ relief at last. It's a must get at only 90 bucks that's half the price of the other brands
Old 01-01-2014, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

To be quite honest, I'd spend (and have) twice the price for the UMI stuff. These guys have heavily supported us for years. They even went out on a limb and designed an entirely new road race k member for the auto cross and road race guys with input from their engineers and forums engineers. They truly seem to want to make a product we want to buy.

I have nothing negative to say about Founders, but I'm willing to spend my money to support the guys that have supported us for more than a decade.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by v7guy
To be quite honest, I'd spend (and have) twice the price for the UMI stuff. These guys have heavily supported us for years. They even went out on a limb and designed an entirely new road race k member for the auto cross and road race guys with input from their engineers and forums engineers. They truly seem to want to make a product we want to buy.

I have nothing negative to say about Founders, but I'm willing to spend my money to support the guys that have supported us for more than a decade.
Well my friend it's business. If someone makes a product equal in strength for half the price you would waste money and buy the more expensive product? Do what u want just makes no sense imo. New vendors come and go all the time, doesn't mean we have to buy from the ones that have been around. I've got friends running both umi and myself running all founders in the rear, no issues and we both drive our cars hard.

Sent from my HTC One VX using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Well my friend it's business. If someone makes a product equal in strength for half the price you would waste money and buy the more expensive product? Do what u want just makes no sense imo. New vendors come and go all the time, doesn't mean we have to buy from the ones that have been around. I've got friends running both umi and myself running all founders in the rear, no issues and we both drive our cars hard.

Sent from my HTC One VX using IB AutoGroup
i dont think that was his point. it was about being loyal to a vendor who has helped in the past. it is also about product testing and how it is designed. i have been to couple events where i have seen umi, bmr, dse running their cars hard on the track. these companies test their products and prove it in front of us. running your control arms hard on an exit ramp to me doesn't justify hard driving as you say. i dont have anything against founders, i dont know them but to me it is copied product being sold for less, no r&d means you can sell cheaper, it is that simple. if you want to shop souly on price, that is your choice. i like to buy who has proven the best, granted their price isn't way out of wack.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dockSS
i dont think that was his point. it was about being loyal to a vendor who has helped in the past. it is also about product testing and how it is designed. i have been to couple events where i have seen umi, bmr, dse running their cars hard on the track. these companies test their products and prove it in front of us. running your control arms hard on an exit ramp to me doesn't justify hard driving as you say. i dont have anything against founders, i dont know them but to me it is copied product being sold for less, no r&d means you can sell cheaper, it is that simple. if you want to shop souly on price, that is your choice. i like to buy who has proven the best, granted their price isn't way out of wack.
Well first off I do ALOT more than drive hard on an exit ramp. Secondly I don't always shop on price alone, but lets face it most of this aftermarket stuff is waayy over priced anyways which is fine because ethusiasts will keep coming back for more. I'm all about loyalty to a vendor but if it's clear the product is equal or better for much lower price I won't think twice. I've called Founders, emailed and always get a response back. I will end it there.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Has anybody put a Founders Torque Arm with someone elses relocation bracket??
Old 01-23-2016, 09:08 AM
Teching In

I just ordered a Founders Torque arm and was told it will work with UMI, BMR and other relocation brackets. I have Founders suspension parts on my 3 gen and will be getting them for my 4 gen ws6. Have been very happy with them. I did go with UMI for my 3 gen SFC.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stardust
Has anybody put a Founders Torque Arm with someone elses relocation bracket??
I have a Founders TA on my S60 and used a UMI relocation bracket and they worked fine. I had the same concern when I decided on Founders for my TA. You may notice some frequent clunking and and rumbling as the arm bangs around in the tranny tunny unless you do some hammering.

Quick Reply: Founder Performance