Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vacuum Canister Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Vacuum Canister Needed?

Guys,

Quick question for ya, I recently installed a Baer Trac kit on my 95' TA and upgraded the stock front calipers. This is the older style Baer kit based off the C4 caliper dual piston with 13" rotors and I went this route instead of the C5 due to an incredible price and clearance issues with my 17" TTM's and C5's. The install went great and they blead out just fine and the braking is somewhat better but not where it should be. I think my major problem is my custom cam (230/236ish 108lsa) and not pulling enough vacuum at idle. I'm currenlty pulling around 11-12 at idle and at cruise around 25-30, but I don't think the booster has enough at idle for the brakes. The pedal feel is ok, not stiff or mushy but the stopping power is just not there. Would you recc installing a reserve vac canister to see if this helps? Or should I be looking elsewhere? The car is not a DD or racer, but I do cruise to events with my son and put around 3-400 miles a year on her so I want to be able to stop reliably in an emergency. Let me know what you think?

Also, the pads are from Baer and according to them they are Ceramic based.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump...
Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have more than enough vacuum for your brakes.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Canister Needed?