Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Manuel Rack N Pinion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manuel Rack N Pinion?

Are we really at the mercy of BMR's 600 dollar conversion kit or have you guys found a cheaper option? Why does BMR kit look like just a dressed up pinto rack? Help me out here my brothers. I am taking my power steering out and want to throw in a manual rack but damn 600 I think i'll keep my power steering.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jpajkos
Are we really at the mercy of BMR's 600 dollar conversion kit or have you guys found a cheaper option? Why does BMR kit look like just a dressed up pinto rack? Help me out here my brothers. I am taking my power steering out and want to throw in a manual rack but damn 600 I think i'll keep my power steering.
All of the different brand manual steering kits are on the pricey side and that is more or less because of the components that come with it rather than the pinto style rack that used. Every pinto style rack we sell in our kits are modified to correct for bump steer so they are different from the pinto style rack you would buy from directly from Flaming River. For us to make a manual steering kit that is 100% bolt-in we have to use certain parts that tend to make the kit a little more expensive but easier to install. After pricing out the rack plus the modifications to the rack, the complete bolt-in steering shaft including U-joints, the outer tie rods and adjusters, and all the hardware needed to mount everything the price is pretty reasonable. I can assure you that our kit is way more than dressed up pinto style manaul rack.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The MWC manual rack kit is only 550.00 and includes all high quality components.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
All of the different brand manual steering kits are on the pricey side and that is more or less because of the components that come with it rather than the pinto style rack that used. Every pinto style rack we sell in our kits are modified to correct for bump steer so they are different from the pinto style rack you would buy from directly from Flaming River. For us to make a manual steering kit that is 100% bolt-in we have to use certain parts that tend to make the kit a little more expensive but easier to install. After pricing out the rack plus the modifications to the rack, the complete bolt-in steering shaft including U-joints, the outer tie rods and adjusters, and all the hardware needed to mount everything the price is pretty reasonable. I can assure you that our kit is way more than dressed up pinto style manaul rack.
I am a huge fan of your products. My entire suspension, control arms, A-arms, sub frames, drive shaft loop, TH400 Cross member, etc etc etc is all BMR. I am about to spring for you K-Member and am going to a manual rack but damn I didn't think I was going to have to pay another 600 bucks to do so lol. Any sales coming up in the near future?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The MWC manual rack kit is only 550.00 and includes all high quality components.
Got a link so I can check it out? I'm all about saving money lol
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I am a huge fan of your products. My entire suspension, control arms, A-arms, sub frames, drive shaft loop, TH400 Cross member, etc etc etc is all BMR. I am about to spring for you K-Member and am going to a manual rack but damn I didn't think I was going to have to pay another 600 bucks to do so lol. Any sales coming up in the near future?
When you are ready to order give me a call here at the shop and I can see what I can do on pricing for you.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
When you are ready to order give me a call here at the shop and I can see what I can do on pricing for you.

i also have everything bmr has the only two things that i dont have yet are the manual brake kit and the manual rack kit i am so please on how everything fit it was all straight forward and i believe all your parts are 100% worth the price...i was just wondering how hard it would be on the street i dont drive much on the street but to and from track and to shows just wondering if it is worth the weight lose???? and hassle ??
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

How is the turning radius on the manual racks, compared to the stock power rack?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kyle, your rack kit on manual Kemeber, your sawing you dont have any toe out thu the front end travel? I know some other setups do this.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by blazinhd
i also have everything bmr has the only two things that i dont have yet are the manual brake kit and the manual rack kit i am so please on how everything fit it was all straight forward and i believe all your parts are 100% worth the price...i was just wondering how hard it would be on the street i dont drive much on the street but to and from track and to shows just wondering if it is worth the weight lose???? and hassle ??
It is awesome that you are so satisfied with your BMR parts, we build our stuff to not only be affordable but also install and perform flawlessly. Having a manual rack definitely makes it harder to do any low speed turning like when parking in a tight parking lot or something like that but when you are driving at a regular speed they really aren't too bad. Also the wider the tire you have on the front of the car the harder it will be turn at low speeds. Most of our customers run the manual rack with skinnies on the front so it takes a little less effort versus a more street oriented wheel/tire.

Originally Posted by poopman
How is the turning radius on the manual racks, compared to the stock power rack?
Our BMR manual racks have a very similar turning radius to the stock power racks so you shouldn't really notice a difference there.

Originally Posted by studderin
Kyle, your rack kit on manual Kemeber, your sawing you dont have any toe out thu the front end travel? I know some other setups do this.
The manual racks we sell are just not some pinto rack off the shelf we actually modify them in-house to take care of this issue. We widen them and provide some bumpsteer adjustment so you shouldn't have any issue with the toe changing through the range of the front-end travel.

Quick Reply: Manuel Rack N Pinion?