Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I decided to go with the UMI 3 point bolt in. I will let you guys know in a few weeks after there installed what I think about em!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet. I went with their 2 pt bolt ons
Old 04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the UMI 3 pt bolt ins on about a month ago. With what little time I have driven the car since I can say that it doesn't seem to squeak as much (t top car) but it didnt really feel much different other than that.... UNTIL the other day I was taking a turn that I have taken many times its a sharp left hand 150 degree turn on an incline you know the kind that would definitely twist a car. Well I had even forgotten that I had the connectors installed until I turned the corner and yanked the drivers side rear wheel off of the ground. Yee haw that was a wake up call! But also a good indication that these bad boys are not letting the chassis flex! I am definitely a believer now to grab the welder and burn these bad boys in.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the UMI SFC updates. We appreciate hearing real world experiences from satisfied customers.

And we're especially happy when someone lifts an inside wheel!

ramey
Old 04-21-2012, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareMoose
Damn that's right. Just a couple months ago. Only other one I can think of is Heartland Park in Topeka.
one going in my STL and MoKan down in southern KS where i sold my 00z28 to. itd be about 3-4 hrs for u guys, 1.30-2 hrs for me. im like 30-45 min from KC
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Also keep in mind people that most of the popular "SFCs" on this site are not actually even connecting the subframe(s) of the f-body chassis. Any connector that bolts(or even welds) to the LCA bracket on the 82-02 f-body is not doing much for the car and is just adding weight.

This is one of the reasons why MWC advertises "True Subframe Connector" with their products.
got pics with your product installed?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here ya go... notice the install pic from under the car that our SFCs actually attach to the rear subfame, where the other designs bolt to the LCA mount, which is not actually part of the subframe. To make it all that much better, the designs that run alongside the rocker are not doing as much being the rocker panel is the strongest part of a uni-body car.

http://www.midwestchassis.com/subframe-connectors.html

Quick Reply: Subframe connectors