Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA's Too Short???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCA's Too Short???

I have 28.5 tall tires and noticed that they are rubbing on the lower part of the fender.

I tried entending the control arms, but they are are far as I feel comfortable with (within 3-4 turns from coming off)

These are single adjustable and I'm wondering if a double adjustable might extend a bit longer.

I also recently added another spring bushing to compensate for the bigger gap in the front because of the taller tire.

Maybe I should just remove the bushing.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SS#2906
I have 28.5 tall tires and noticed that they are rubbing on the lower part of the fender.

I tried entending the control arms, but they are are far as I feel comfortable with (within 3-4 turns from coming off)

These are single adjustable and I'm wondering if a double adjustable might extend a bit longer.

I also recently added another spring bushing to compensate for the bigger gap in the front because of the taller tire.

What do you guys think?
Most aftermarket rear lower control arms will allow you to adjust the wheel in the wheel well with plenty of adjustment left, if you only have 3-4 threads then I wouldn't adjust them any further. It won't matter whether you are using single adjustable LCAs or double adjustable LCAs it just sounds like the adjuster isn't long enough. The single adjustable forces you to take the LCA off to adjust the legnth where as the double adjustable lets you adjust the LCA with it installed on the car. I know with any of our BMR adjustable rear LCAs there is plenty of adjustment to allow you ample adjustment and still have plenty of thread to be safe. It honestly just sounds like you need a adjustable arm with a longer adjuster.

If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by SS#2906

What do you guys think?
You can buy longer swedged tubes, with left hand and right hand threads also. That will definitely get you the length you need, and they're reasonably cheap, in just about any material you want.

Last edited by lees02WS6; 04-09-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Kyle,

These are actually a set of BMR LCA's that I am working with. Do you offer any sets of longer adjusters?

Mine are identical to these, but without the adjuster in the middle. Can I make mine on-car adjustable?
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=274

If so, please PM me a price.

Last edited by SS#2906; 04-10-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Check your PM box.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Load suspension on side your working with simply with a jack under shock mount

Quick Reply: LCA's Too Short???