Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car doesnt appear to be any lower after Koni/Strano install

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
so heres a question how can I raise the rear up about a 1/4 with stranos and konis? I have a fabricated 9 and I think the new rear end makes it sit a little lower than normal with strano springs, is there any kind of isolator I can get or maybe something to put on the isolatior to make it thicker??
Heater hose from home depot, or spring spacers from summit.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Raise
So I installed my front Koni SA shocks and strano springs yesterday. I didnt get to the rear yet, but when I let the car down, I was concerned why the car doesnt appear to be lower(or as low as it should be). It looks almost stock height. I have included a picture to show you. Ive done quite a few shock/spring installs so I dont think I did anything wrong. Maybe yall could give me some feedback as to what may be wrong. Oh yeah, and I measured from the ground to lip of the fender and it measured 27". i know it should be at least an inch lower. This isnt something that is normal with brand new shocks/springs is it?

Did you take measurements before the swap by any chance? Has the front settled at all yet? I installed my Strano/Bilstein combo about 6 months ago and after 5 months of driving it they still sit the same height as before. The front currently sits at ~27.5" from the ground to the center of the fender.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

OP, when you tightened the a-arm bolts was the car loading the suspension or was it raised up not resting on suspension...?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My springs took a few days to settle. I went out and Drove my car and had fun with it right away. Got the weight moving all around and I think that may have sped it up.

Quick Reply: Car doesnt appear to be any lower after Koni/Strano install