Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking to buy a strut bar, looking for somme insight into who to get one from

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheezebandit
I ordered the one from Founders last week.. went with Red on a silver car

IMO if you want something to improve the handling or stiffen the car up some .. order some Sub frame connectors ,,
Originally Posted by mikh338
agree, SFC's should be one of the first mods
I have to respectively disagree.
I have 3 point SFC's that are welded in, and I can't tell a bit of difference. If you want an improvement in handling the #1 first thing you should do is better shocks. These cars are plenty stiff from the factory, the **** poor stock decarbons bring out/cause all the rattles, looseness, floatyness, disconnected and perceived "flex" feel. Throw on a good set of performance shocks and its whole new ball game.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I have to respectively disagree.
I have 3 point SFC's that are welded in, and I can't tell a bit of difference. If you want an improvement in handling the #1 first thing you should do is better shocks. These cars are plenty stiff from the factory, the **** poor stock decarbons bring out/cause all the rattles, looseness, floatyness, disconnected and perceived "flex" feel. Throw on a good set of performance shocks and its whole new ball game.
you can disagree all you like but its a known fact that these unibody cars are not "stiff enough"

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...ter-panel.html
Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

you can disagree all you like but its a known fact that these unibody cars are not "stiff enough"

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...ter-panel.html
Ah the old quarter pannel dimples...
First and foremost, lets assume the dimples are from flex. The rear quarter panels are behind the point that SFC's connect to, so how is that going to stop the "flex" without bracing it?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/6312129-post24.html

Next, read the posts from most of the road race guys on here and FRRAX, you will see them cutting off SFC's to save weight and noticing no difference (and these guys are putting stress on their chassis bending/breaking suspension pieces.)

Im not saying SFC's are bad, and ofcourse stiffening the chassis is a good thing, but I just don't think they stiffen it significantly enough to notice anything.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 897 Likes on 639 Posts

Haven't GM cars been "wrinkling" the rear quarters since the late 60's now?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Ah the old quarter pannel dimples...
First and foremost, lets assume the dimples are from flex. The rear quarter panels are behind the point that SFC's connect to, so how is that going to stop the "flex" without bracing it?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/6312129-post24.html

Next, read the posts from most of the road race guys on here and FRRAX, you will see them cutting off SFC's to save weight and noticing no difference (and these guys are putting stress on their chassis bending/breaking suspension pieces.)

Im not saying SFC's are bad, and ofcourse stiffening the chassis is a good thing, but I just don't think they stiffen it significantly enough to notice anything.
oh you mean road racers that have multi point cages dont notice a difference in stiffness from SFC's?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh you mean road racers that have multi point cages dont notice a difference in stiffness from SFC's?
No, im talking more along the guys running no chassis stiffening.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For example, me.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

No, im talking more along the guys running no chassis stiffening.
I'm still sticking to my original point .. SFC's are better for stiffining up the car ( needed or not )and improving handling over a STB....

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a strut bar, looking for somme insight into who to get one from