Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lca relocation brackets and stock ride height

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by eswizz
What exactly is the the point of adjustable LCA's? From what it sounds like in this thread, the LCA's don't affect wheel hop or traction as long as their set in the bottom hole.
The reason I ask, is I have:
QP 9" rear
BMR adj torque arm,
BMR LCA's,
BMR 1.25 lowering springs
BMR panhard bar
NEW Belstein shocks in rear
NEW Richmond 3.89 ring and pinion with a Eaton Truetrac

I snap a housing cap which ruined my last ring and ping so I got new shocks. Wheel hop was solved on the street, but as soon as i took it to the track...wheel hop again and I destroyed my deroit locker. Tonight I'll be putting my True trac in and I don't know what else to try. My pinion angle is set at -2.5 degrees. Is there any reason to adjust the LCA's? Any other ideas? THanks
A good quality set of boxed or tubular LCAs will definitely help with wheel hop and traction. The strength of the LCAs themselves will limit if not completely get rid of all the deflection in the LCAs. Most guys will go with polyurethane bushings in their aftermarket LCAs but you can also get them with heim joints or roto joints. All of these options offer better suspension control than the factory arms which will in turn improve the wheel hop and traction.

The pinion angle won't have any effect on wheel hop as it just insures that there is minimal driveline vibrations. How many different mounting points do you have on the rear end for the lower control arms?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BMR tubular adjustable LCA's. I believe I have 3 different holes for my LCA's on the rear housing. I'll have to check when I get home. It's the Quick Performance 9" housing. I have them in the bottom holes
Old 07-31-2014, 08:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I have the BMR tubular adjustable LCA's. I believe I have 3 different holes for my LCA's on the rear housing. I'll have to check when I get home. It's the Quick Performance 9" housing. I have them in the bottom holes
Definitely let me know how many mounting holes you have and maybe if you can take a picture of them. From the sounds of how you have them set up you really should have only minimal wheel hop if any. is the car an auto or a manual? Also what kind of tires are running?

Old 07-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Teching In

I have 3 holes, I'm using the lowest holes. My car is manual. This year I'm running 295/35/18 gforce t/a drag radial, last year I ran 285 nt05r radials, wheel hop with both.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Old 07-31-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What is the rest of your rear suspension like? Shocks, springs, control arms, torque arm, etc.

Worn bushings in the control arms can lead to wheel hop (my old 98 would wheel hop on the street lol). Bad torque arm bushing may also to a lesser extent. Shocks/springs make a difference too.

Basically what I'm getting at is there is no single item that will always cure or always lead to wheel hop. It is the entire package that matters.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
What is the rest of your rear suspension like? Shocks, springs, control arms, torque arm, etc.

Worn bushings in the control arms can lead to wheel hop (my old 98 would wheel hop on the street lol). Bad torque arm bushing may also to a lesser extent. Shocks/springs make a difference too.

Basically what I'm getting at is there is no single item that will always cure or always lead to wheel hop. It is the entire package that matters.
The OP listed his parts earlier in the thread. Here are the parts he currently has installed on his car:

QP 9" rear
BMR adj torque arm,
BMR adj LCA's,
BMR 1.25 lowering springs
BMR panhard bar
NEW Belstein shocks in rear
NEW Richmond 3.89 ring and pinion with a Eaton Truetrac

So he has all the parts really needed to take care of that wheel hop so there has to be something else going on. I would definitely recommend taking a look at the bushings because if you wheel hopped hard enough to break the rear end you could have damaged the bushings also.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Which bushings specifically do you think?
Old 07-31-2014, 12:55 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Which bushings specifically do you think?
The first bushings I would check would be the lower control arm bushings because they are going to take the most abuse when the car wheels hops. If you find that they are damaged just let me know and I will take care of you on them. Since you have our BMR torque arm you will have the good polyurethane bushing on the front of it so it should be good. Does the front of your torque arm still mount to the transmission? If it does I would also visually inspect the mount because I have seen those get mangled up too.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Derp I missed that, sorry.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Derp I missed that, sorry.
It is all good, we are both just trying to help out with the OP's issue.

Quick Reply: Lca relocation brackets and stock ride height