Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lca relocation brackets and stock ride height

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lca relocation brackets and stock ride height

Hey, I just purchased a 2000 SS m6 and the previous owned had relocation brackets installed but didn't lower it or get adjustable lca's. So i have two questions with this:
1. Is this install to help with wheel hop?
2. Is this going to change pinion angle or anything bad for the rear of the car?

thanks for the info.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The relocation brackets will help with wheel hop for sure but iff I were you I would think about getting a good set of tubular lower control arms to use in conjunction with the relocation brackets. There will not be any issues using the relocation brackets on your car. The lower you mount the rear point on the rear end the more anti-squat it will put into the car and the harder it will hit the tire.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the quick info!!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by secondss
Thanks for the quick info!!
No problem if there is anything else we can help you with let us know.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by secondss
Hey, I just purchased a 2000 SS m6 and the previous owned had relocation brackets installed but didn't lower it or get adjustable lca's. So i have two questions with this:
1. Is this install to help with wheel hop?
2. Is this going to change pinion angle or anything bad for the rear of the car?

thanks for the info.
Hey secondss

The relocation brackets should enhance forward traction as Kyle mentioned. Wheel hop tends to go away as we add stronger trailing arms and better bushing technology.

Pinion angle doesn't change and ride height. The holes in the relocation brackets are in the natural arc of the lower trailing arm. Simply plug and play.

ramey
Old 04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to hijack the thread but I I'm in stock ride, does it matter If I put the LCA relocation brackets in the top hole or the bottom hole, What would be the best bet for stock ride???
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronny_02_WS6
Not to hijack the thread but I I'm in stock ride, does it matter If I put the LCA relocation brackets in the top hole or the bottom hole, What would be the best bet for stock ride???
Well the bottom hole is going to give you the most aggressive angle. Moving them up is a little less aggressive, but in some cases, it can get the job done just as well if not better.

Generally, I suggest the bottom hole first for the potential performance advantage if the customer is on a drag radial or slick. If you're on a street tire, the angle may be too extreme and you'll have to dial it back to the first hole. So lower isn't always better...but it usually is. haha

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

relocation brackets don't change shock position or angle,relos don't change spring position or pressure,stock 'ride' will not change. the center holes will neutralize the factory's 'traction lessening' angle of the LCA. the lowest hole will increase 'forward' traction,not only for 'dig racing' but also for normal traffic driving. wet weather forward traction will increase. the 'new angle of the LCA uses the rearend housing rotation(opposite rotation direction of the tires) to upply upward pressure against the frame/body which in turn applies downward pressure on the tires.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

So if the LCA's are level that won't necessarily provide good traction and/or reduced wheel hop? You really want some upward angle? I can't seem to get it thru my head how upward angle reduces wheel hop......
Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think of it as how the lcas push in the tire rather than vice versa. if you use the lcas to push back AND down its better than just back in terms of traction. make sense?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by therabidweasel
think of it as how the lcas push in the tire rather than vice versa. if you use the lcas to push back AND down its better than just back in terms of traction. make sense?
Yup, So the hole point is to push the tire to the ground, so it sticks better!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by therabidweasel
Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking of how the LCA pushes the car, not the reaction of the diff. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I just installed mine yesterday, I'm in stock height but I put them in the bottom hole to force the LCA's more to the ground and it feels stiffer on bumps but wheel hop is gone and I have better traction.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Well I just installed mine yesterday, I'm in stock height but I put them in the bottom hole to force the LCA's more to the ground and it feels stiffer on bumps but wheel hop is gone and I have better traction.
Ronny we are glad you are happy with your BMR lower control arm relocation brackets!

Many people don't realize what a difference a good set of lower control arms and lower control arm relocation brackets will do for straight line performance and traction. These two parts should be at the top everyone's list who wants to drag race.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Ronny we are glad you are happy with your BMR lower control arm relocation brackets!

Many people don't realize what a difference a good set of lower control arms and lower control arm relocation brackets will do for straight line performance and traction. These two parts should be at the top everyone's list who wants to drag race.
Thanks, I will get the LCA's as soon as I get some pennies back together, I'm leaning towards the TCA004, So I will definitively let you guys know!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks, I will get the LCA's as soon as I get some pennies back together, I'm leaning towards the TCA004, So I will definitively let you guys know!!!
Sounds good!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Default installing my relocation brackets

Lots of good info on this thread. Hate to jump in on such an old thread, but I have a couple of questions. I have BMR LCAs and 1 1/4" lowering springs. Also rollin with the s60 with 4.10 gears. I hear relocation brackets will give better traction to a stock ride height car, but what about mine since it's dropped? Do I use the bottom hole? Or go back with the stock springs? My car is sitting kinda low, especially since i just installed an electric cutout right on the point before the pipe goes up and curves over the axle. Thanks for any info.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Yes, the bottom hole is best suited for lowered vehicles. We have many people running single digits and going 1.3 60's on lowered vehicles with the aid of relocation brackets
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Teching In

What exactly is the the point of adjustable LCA's? From what it sounds like in this thread, the LCA's don't affect wheel hop or traction as long as their set in the bottom hole.
The reason I ask, is I have:
QP 9" rear
BMR adj torque arm,
BMR LCA's,
BMR 1.25 lowering springs
BMR panhard bar
NEW Belstein shocks in rear
NEW Richmond 3.89 ring and pinion with a Eaton Truetrac

I snap a housing cap which ruined my last ring and ping so I got new shocks. Wheel hop was solved on the street, but as soon as i took it to the track...wheel hop again and I destroyed my deroit locker. Tonight I'll be putting my True trac in and I don't know what else to try. My pinion angle is set at -2.5 degrees. Is there any reason to adjust the LCA's? Any other ideas? THanks
Old 07-30-2014, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Adjustable LCAs are to help recenter the wheels front/rear in the wheel well, and to adjust thrust angle (the direction the axle pushes the car forward at). Most of the time they aren't needed, but if you're trying to stuff a really tall drag tire in there, or you have some aftermarket axle setup that doesn't quite mount in the same position as the stock axle you can use the adjustable LCAs to get things back in check.

Quick Reply: Lca relocation brackets and stock ride height