Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Custom Braided Brake Lines?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Braided Brake Lines?

I am trying to install my line lock/ABS delete kit on my 97 SS, but the brake lines on the car are so darned old that they are soft, so when I go to flare the old line, it just pushes the line down instead of flaring...basically skins the outer layer of metal off of the line. I have run out of room to work here and need to replace the line. I am considering installing Steel Braided lines throughout the car. They are already steel braided from the caliper to the first joint. I am thinking about just running steel braided line from the proportioning valve/solenoid, to the front and rear brakes.

My question is, has anyone done this? Where did you get the hose? How much was needed? What fittings and what size line is needed?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Launching!

I did it on my 2000. Converted everything to AN fittings and had braided from my linelock to a T and then braided to the factory lines a little father down then the top of the frame rail in the engine bay. Also had em make me one for the prop valve to factory hard and the rear axle rubber hoses too. Cost me around 150 I think.

Being an lt1 cant help you much with sizes etc (unless theyre the same) but I used -3AN and for the factory cant remember but can look later if you want.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

They are the same.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

I have been considering doing all braided lines on my car. There are alot of places that have pre-made lengths or can custom make some if you contact them. My brother made some great looking lines for the front of my car, but I think I may get all braided line for the rear. I guess I'll see what happens after I bend up some rear lines.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Check out Speedway Motors, they have pre-made AN brake hoses with straight ends or with a 90* on one end that are up to 48" long. And the AN to brake fittings aren't too bad as far as price too.

I just ordered braided brake hoses for the rear axle of my car and fittings to adapt to the hard line going to the rear, should have everything hooked up this weekend if all of the parts come
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Goodridge does custom lines, in fact, most of their kits are actually made to order as well -- that's what I have for both my Camaros.

http://www.goodridge.net/documents/d...rmance_rev.pdf

http://www.goodridge.net/documents/d...stomer_ver.pdf

Quick Reply: Custom Braided Brake Lines?