Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Goodbye decarbons! Need help with parts list.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye decarbons! Need help with parts list.

Looking to swap shocks on all 4 corners and replace the stockers with something else. Haven't decided on what shocks I'm gonna get yet, but I looked earlier and in the front, the bushing looking thing at the top of the shock appears to be starting to crack. I need to know what all I should replace while I'm at it and the names of the parts??

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

New upper "strut" mounts. I recommend Moog K6516 and K6517 mounts as they fit AND they don't have the stupid torx bolts on the driver side where they are near impossible to get to under the master cylinder like the OEM mount does.

Dont' forget to reuse your coil spring insulators that fit inside the top of the mount, between the mount and the upper shock nut. Usually they are reusable, but if you need new ones they are only like 5-10 bucks. Any brand is OK here, pretty much. Moog K6573, Monroe 903933, Raybestos 5201160, etc.

Check the coil spring seats. They are usually OK to reuse (my driver side was OK, passenger wasn't) but just check them out. Monroe 904962 or Moog K80927.

RockAuto has the Moog strut mounts for about $50 each and the Moog coil spring insulators for $5 each. Heck at that price I'd just go ahead and get two new inserts (one for each side) just to be sure. The Monroe spring seat is $9 and the Moog is $12.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
New upper "strut" mounts. I recommend Moog K6516 and K6517 mounts as they fit AND they don't have the stupid torx bolts on the driver side where they are near impossible to get to under the master cylinder like the OEM mount does.

Dont' forget to reuse your coil spring insulators that fit inside the top of the mount, between the mount and the upper shock nut. Usually they are reusable, but if you need new ones they are only like 5-10 bucks. Any brand is OK here, pretty much. Moog K6573, Monroe 903933, Raybestos 5201160, etc.

Check the coil spring seats. They are usually OK to reuse (my driver side was OK, passenger wasn't) but just check them out. Monroe 904962 or Moog K80927.

RockAuto has the Moog strut mounts for about $50 each and the Moog coil spring insulators for $5 each. Heck at that price I'd just go ahead and get two new inserts (one for each side) just to be sure. The Monroe spring seat is $9 and the Moog is $12.
OP,
All the above listed moog parts where just shipped out today from my purchase of them on 7-8. Total cost was around $156.00 with two shipping charges because I made two orders.

Now is the time to add lowering springs as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

I have had Eibach pro-kit springs on for quite some time so needless to say the factory decarbons are hating life lol. Thanks fellas for the list and the part #'s that will help tremendously! Looking to start gathering parts when I get back from the beach this weekend after Fbody Beach Bash
Old 07-09-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Now I just gotta decide what setup to go with that will ride fairly decent with the pro-kit. Been looking at KYB AGX because of the adjustability and they are budget friendly

Quick Reply: Goodbye decarbons! Need help with parts list.