Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

newbie drop questions, please help..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie drop questions, please help..

what is the best spring drop kit for performance, I want the one that will give me the most even stance, with minimal drop. Also, will I need to replace the panhard bar with an adjustable one or can I use the stock bar? ditto for the rear control arms...???
Old 04-03-2004, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

the bmr kit lowers it only a inch the eibach lowers 1.5 or a little more, i wouldnt think you would neen a panhard bar unless you have wider back tires but i would recommend lower control arms with relocation brackets
Old 04-03-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

i don't have any aftermarket suspension pieces besides the shocks and springs on my car; i don't have really bad traction problems also. i'd say to spend your money on shocks/springs, and then when you get that finished and drive it around, see what kind of traction help it needs from there. also if you notice unnatural tire rubbing, then the panhard would be helpful. these things will determine whether or not you should get a panhard/lcas/relocation brackets. as for now - it isn't necessary, so don't even worry about it.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Launching!

the lower control arm relocation bracket thing sounds like more than I want to do for what I want. If the "bmr"kit only lowers about 1 inch then I think the other stock components will work. Where can I get the bmr springs, also what type of "better" shock would anyone recommend? please only give me shocks I could afford, maybe 2 or 300 for all 4.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

ls1speed sells bmr srings for around $200 and thunderracing also sells them they both sell bilstein shocks for around 400 and thunderracing sells tokico shocks for around 300 but i dont know how goods those are, i think you would be fine with the stock stocks for now thats what im running with ebiach springs for now
Old 04-07-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check to make sure the back spacing of your wheels will allow you to lower your car without tire rub.

Al