Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Arm?

So found out that the mystery knock was my torque arm. the bolt that supports the front mount of the torque arm snapped off.

anyways time to upgrade.

I want a torque arm that will work on my stock rear end and will also work on a s60 that i will soon be purchasing

i will be upgrading to true duals so the after market torque arm will help will clearance as well.

i want adjustable. but do i want transmission mount or tunnel mount?

thats about it..

oh and i have a t56 transmission
Old 07-23-2012, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

If you plan on true duals I'm pretty sure your stuck with a full length so get. Trans mounted adjustable and then get the correct TA relocation Trans crossmember to get it off the tranny.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...ission-mount-/
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...n-kit-manual-/
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...-hardware-kit/

so looks like $550?
not bad... lol i need to find one used
Old 07-23-2012, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what the UMI looks like with true duals. The tunnel mount interferes with the x-pipe so full length is what we use.

This car sounds pretty sweet and works great with the 2205/2207 (our P/N).

We have a 2000 WS6 with an S60 and our rear bracket is the same whether you choose tunnel or trans mount.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great Monday.

ramey
Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadedbird
So found out that the mystery knock was my torque arm. the bolt that supports the front mount of the torque arm snapped off.

anyways time to upgrade.

I want a torque arm that will work on my stock rear end and will also work on a s60 that i will soon be purchasing

i will be upgrading to true duals so the after market torque arm will help will clearance as well.

i want adjustable. but do i want transmission mount or tunnel mount?

thats about it..

oh and i have a t56 transmission

MWC has exactly what you need...

Crossmember designed for duals, includes driveshaft loop, and the double adjustable torque arm is able to work with the oem 120 bolt or aftermarket rearends. Guaranteed best quality and prices out there. Give us a call and we can get you setup!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

We offer an adjustable full-length or tunnel-mounted torque arm that can mount to both a factory rear and aftermarket rear. For the full-length arm, we also have an option to take it off the transmission and, by going with true duals, this is probably your best option. If you want the extra benefit in suspension geometry, we have out short arm, but that may interfere with your duals. When I had mine done, the exhaust shop built my duals around the torque arm and it turned out really nice. I would stick to a full-length unless you plan on going for "the number" at the track. There are some drawback to short arms on the street but they work like a sumbitch at the strip!
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Here is what the UMI looks like with true duals. The tunnel mount interferes with the x-pipe so full length is what we use.

This car sounds pretty sweet and works great with the 2205/2207 (our P/N).

We have a 2000 WS6 with an S60 and our rear bracket is the same whether you choose tunnel or trans mount.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great Monday.

ramey
Ramey,

Have you guys noticed any fitment issues with running your tranny mount TA with the relocation bracket on after market rears? In my case the TA keeps pushing the poly bushing out through the front of the mount. I have your TA, relo-mount, and a Moser 9" rear (rear-end is centered and end links near housing are screwed in fairly deep). I can get a pic tomorrow when I get it up on a lift to better illustrate this.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
Ramey,

Have you guys noticed any fitment issues with running your tranny mount TA with the relocation bracket on after market rears? In my case the TA keeps pushing the poly bushing out through the front of the mount. I have your TA, relo-mount, and a Moser 9" rear (rear-end is centered and end links near housing are screwed in fairly deep). I can get a pic tomorrow when I get it up on a lift to better illustrate this.
Hmm, we haven't had any particular trouble with that combo. The aftermarket rears tend to have the mounting points in the same location as factory.

We can take a look at the pics when you post them.

thanks

ramey

Quick Reply: Torque Arm?