Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C6 vs F-Bod (Handling) ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Given equal drivers and both a C6 and an Fbody track prepped you'll find that the vette will pull away in the turns on a road course. However there's nothing that says you can't have fun on a budget. A C6 can fit a wider tire than the Fbody. If there are bumps in the track you'll find the IRS is a much safer/better solution also.

But given all that. I'd say there's nothing wrong with having fun with the fbody. You just need to make some investments in brakes/tires/suspension. if you want to go farther later then either sell it or invest more. Put it on a crash weight diet. Shortened rear end with a mini tub or wide body kit. I take a GTO out on the track and I enjoy the hell out of it. Exhaust, clutch, pads and rotors, fluid change and stickier tires make for some fun and I really don't see the C6's pulling all that much on the turns. Now C6 Z06 is a different story. Those crazy big tires and lightweight really make it feel like you're on rails.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently went from a drag setup to carver and enjoying it a lot more. Its no vette, but compared to stock, night and day.

Stock springs, bilsteins
35/22 sway bars
Strut tower brace
Sub frame connectors
Poly/roto joint lca
Watts link
275/315 vredestein

It turns much better and grips going into turns like rails. Finding the fishtail throttle is tough as I can go much harder in a turn than ever before.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into a watts link.

Quick Reply: C6 vs F-Bod (Handling) ??