Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help, 1.9 60ft. with over 540 hp/tq

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will a stock spring work on a adjustable shock or is it worth the money to buy a seperate spring? low on funds here so trying to do inexpensivly. Also, I do have adj. panhard bar just need relocation brackets i suppose.

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
You need to be able to adjust the lower control arms. You need rear control arm re location brackets. You need an adjustable pan- hard bar. Then you will need to do some work.

The rear needs to be centered left - right. You need the rear centered fore to aft.

Then find the I/C of the car adjust you T- arm and control arms from there.

Its hard for me to write all this out do a search. Here goes any way you want the rear control arms to point up at there front mounting point. They need to intersect the T- arm. You can do this with string. Drop a piece from the front t arm mounting point then run another piece from the frt rear control arm point. The two pieces should intersect with the string from the rear going up towards the frt of the car . The higher the better.
This is a good start.
Most door cars use the shifter mounting point as the center of gravity the I/C should be located behind it.

Set the pinion 1 degree down at the rear end. Check you drive line angle to see that your drive shaft isn't in a bind.

The T-arm usally works best when its pointing up just like the control arms. Postion it in the upper mounting holes. You then use the adjustable rear part to set the rear pinion angle.

stock springs are ok frt and rear. shocks depend on how serious you get. You do need adjustable type.

On drag radials you want to hit them hard and hold them to the track as long as possible.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

listen to lejohn.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea the stock springs will be ok. If you step up to an Affco then go with the coil over option for the FRT. Stock is fine for the rear. You can even find some 6 cyl or LT1 rear sping s and try them.

Quick Reply: need help, 1.9 60ft. with over 540 hp/tq