Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Would a tubular LCA with Rubber Bushings allow for some articulation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Why not just get the parts to put together the adjustable rubber bushing at both ends? You got more adjustment that way and don't have to mess with welding
Bryan, who are you referring to?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Founders Performance
If your looking for a poly control arm that allows great articulation I would recommend our swivel joint arm.

http://www.foundersperformance.com/p...mbination.html

Looks pretty good. Wish you guys had this before I bought this: http://www.foundersperformance.com/p...trol-Arms.html

I just put them on for the second time and am not liking the oversteer problem on highway turns. Do you have a "trade in" program so that I can get those?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I see what "hiltsy" did, and it's somewhat similar to a pair of LCAs I made up shortly before I retired (and lost my access to a machine shop). Simply, you purchase some thick walled steel tubing and lathe cut it to accept the Moog bushing. After you weld everything up, you press in the bushing like you would do to the OE LCA. In "hiltsy"s case, he went a step further than I did, and made them adjustable.(excellent idea) I simply made mine to "OE length".
Exactly right. I measured the bore of the stock LCA and machined a steel sleeve to match.

Quick Reply: Would a tubular LCA with Rubber Bushings allow for some articulation?