Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock Fitment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Line Lock Fitment Issue

Anyone else have problems with locating the solenoid? The SJM kit I bought wants to place it where a grounding stud is located.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are some pictures to show what I am running in to. I have adjusted the lines a bit to make room and will use a 3/4" rubber spacer to mount the solenoid. Not what I expected to have to do for the money I paid.
Attached Thumbnails Line Lock Fitment Issue-line-lock-solenoid-stud.jpg   Line Lock Fitment Issue-line-lock-solenoid.jpg  
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well this what I ended up with. I had to bow the brake line running between the ABS block and the solenoid. This brought the solenoid closer to the ABS block and along with the spacer made some room to access the grounding stud. This clears the SS hood. I will wire it up in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails Line Lock Fitment Issue-solenoid-mounted.jpg  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A quick remedy in this particular case to keep this line from contacting the grounding stud in the first photo would be to shorten the stud to the length of the stud protruding. Shortening the stud will have no effect on function and should resolve stud to line contact issues.

Another solution would be to rotate the 180 degree bend counterclockwise (you'll be twisting the straight portion of the line, not the bend...the line would still be straight) which would change the angle of the line placing it above the stud.

I believe I just spoke with you on the phone, I would not be satisfied with the solution that you came up with. I would be more than willing as discussed on the phone to create a new line and send it to you at no charge.

We want our customers to be completely satisfied.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes I did just speak with you and should have called you initially. After my return next week I will call you about the possibility of a new line. Thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: Line Lock Fitment Issue