Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front suspension bushings

Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front suspension bushings

anyone know where i can find some rubber NOT poly front suspension bushings for the lower control arms?
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

autozone, napa, carquest, etc... dealer only sells complete arms.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97badass
anyone know where i can find some rubber NOT poly front suspension bushings for the lower control arms?
Look at the MOOG website for the part numbers, and one of the "big box" parts stores to buy them....
Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered them straight from moog online. Probably could have got them cheaper but instead of spending $30 in gas I just paid for shipping.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive got poly upper and lower a-arm bushings... frankly, couldnt feel a difference
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VinR1
Ive got poly upper and lower a-arm bushings... frankly, couldnt feel a difference
The roads must be as smooth as glass where you live, then. I've been a believer in poly bushings since the late 70s, when they first became available. However, back then, most cars had nothing more that a fairly tall 60 series tire, with enough cushion in the sidewall, that the poly bushing's increased firmness was appreciated, without adding any harshness.

I bought my Z-28 back in September of '95, and the following year I put poly bushings in the upper and lower front control arms. The combined stiffness of the poly bushings, along with the shorter, stiffer sidewalls of the car's OE 50 series tires, made the ride unbearable, here in the "rough road capitol" of the United States, western New York.

I took the poly parts out after only one summer, and put rubber pieces back in. Two years ago, I put a Koni/Strano set up in the car, and for some reason I don't remember at the moment, I put the poly bushings back in the upper a-arms. I recently took them back out, as even with just the uppers in place, the roughness of the roads here causes too much vibration/impact to be fed into the car.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

I have the bushings.... They are on this page: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=18&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front suspension bushings