Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

major break problems, (lockin up)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default major break problems, (lockin up)

on my 84 trans am, what happens now is when the brakes are pressed the front calipers dont want to release the pressure, a couple months ago when the car started pulling to one side then taking a while for the other side to release.... I started this stupid *** project, so far I've bought a brand new master cylinder, brake booster, had to get my proportioning valve rebuilt cause its a discontinued part, and also got new calipers and pads, all the bleeding was done properly, when I hit the brakes and try to spin the tire (up on stands), the front wont budge, but if i release the bleader to let the pressure out, the caliper unlocks, and if I lock it up again (simply press the brakes), and take off the brake line on the caliper side of the praportioning valve, fluid just drips like normal as if there is no pressure between the line and the caliper, but w/ that line loose if I open up the bleader again it will release, so I'm thinking its got to be something w/ the caliper, the caliper moves freeley when disconnected, and also if there is no pressure on it, it moves freeley on the guide pins, but as soon as pressure is on the caliper locks up, I'm wondering if I got bad calipers or if my caliper mounts are bent, thats the only other things I can think of, if any of you guys have any ideaws I should try today let me know, thanks....
Old 04-10-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no I dont know how to spell brake