Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lower tubular a-arm HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lower tubular a-arm HELP!!!!!

Purchased a whole kit k-member,upper and lower a-arms from member. not sure what brand (sorry). well i was mounting the spindle and the OE crown nut for lower a-arm ball joint would not go on. so i seen it needed to be fine thread instead coarse. napa gave me a fine thread m-14 nut but it only goes half way and wont go any futher .....what nut is suppost to go on there... thanks guys
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 97turbotransam
Purchased a whole kit k-member,upper and lower a-arms from member. not sure what brand (sorry). well i was mounting the spindle and the OE crown nut for lower a-arm ball joint would not go on. so i seen it needed to be fine thread instead coarse. napa gave me a fine thread m-14 nut but it only goes half way and wont go any futher .....what nut is suppost to go on there... thanks guys
Post a couple pictures of the parts that way we can determine whose part they are and you can go back directly to the source to get the correct castle nut. Generally a castle nut should thread all the way down unless there is a bur on the threads. Throw some pictures up and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: lower tubular a-arm HELP!!!!!