Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need **PICS** of MWC SFC installation points

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Apologies for the confusion gents. When I think "4 post" I correlate it with "4 POINT" but actually being a 2 post. That's what I meant

I could have sworn to all things holy that Eric sais install THESE sfc's with the suspension UNloaded. It was explained that when your car is built on the assembly line, it's on a similar type lift... the tires being one of the last things installed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

**EDIT**

I thought I was right.... 2 post (4 POINT) lift; Suspension unloaded.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was told to weld my UMI SFC's in with the suspension loaded as well. This is what did with my 2 post lift.

I wounder if that just a MWC thing to be unloaded ?

Last edited by conan; 02-23-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the same thing when i had eric weld these on my car. I was under the impression that suspension needed to be loaded before they were welded on. i forgot exactly what he told me to be homest but i felt more then comfortable with the info he told me and he welded them up on a 2 post. Also alot of other sfc attach to the rear lower control arm mount and i know for sure that when installing anything with a rubber type bushing that it does need to be loaded before it is tighted to spec based on it binding up. maybe he will chime back and give some info. btw these sfc's are bad to the bone in my book and have made a huge improvment in the car.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by Double_Trouble99
I asked the same thing when i had eric weld these on my car. I was under the impression that suspension needed to be loaded before they were welded on. i forgot exactly what he told me to be homest but i felt more then comfortable with the info he told me and he welded them up on a 2 post. Also alot of other sfc attach to the rear lower control arm mount and i know for sure that when installing anything with a rubber type bushing that it does need to be loaded before it is tighted to spec based on it binding up. maybe he will chime back and give some info. btw these sfc's are bad to the bone in my book and have made a huge improvment in the car.
I'm glad you came back in here and chimed in. Yeah, the only issue I'm having right now is finding a 2 post lift and a welder under the same roof.
I can't wait to get them on, that's for damn sure!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Trouble99
Also alot of other sfc attach to the rear lower control arm mount and i know for sure that when installing anything with a rubber type bushing that it does need to be loaded before it is tighted to spec based on it binding up.
Thats a good point, the UMI's attach to the lower control arm bracket.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I'm glad you came back in here and chimed in. Yeah, the only issue I'm having right now is finding a 2 post lift and a welder under the same roof.
I can't wait to get them on, that's for damn sure!
im any normal auto shop would have a mig and a 2 post. thats pretty basic operating tools for any shop. just a matter of trusting someone to do a decent job or something?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Everything around here is a drive on lift...

I seen to remember Eric saying something about having to dent a part of the floor frame or something. Any chance you have any pics of the extra welding you're talking about?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

id have to dig through some pics and see if i have any. the extra welding points were on the actual sfc it self. i liked that alot being it tied the connector even more to the body of the car. see what i can do for some pics....
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

heres the only pics i have that kinda show what i was talking about. lots of great welding area like i was saying. second pic is of the inside passenger front and if you look closely you can see that not only the pad itself is welded on both sides but a good 10in or so is welded on the scf itself and also connecting to another trans tunnel brace aswell. hope this helps..

Old 02-23-2013, 01:10 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Good Lord that's a lot of bead!

Thanks brother. Those two pics are perfect. Makes me feel even better about having these. No doubt about it, they look stout as hell.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Good Lord that's a lot of bead!

Thanks brother. Those two pics are perfect. Makes me feel even better about having these. No doubt about it, they look stout as hell.
no problem! and they are for sure a nice piece for the money cant argue with that!

i cant wait to be able to try more of there products. there fab 9',TQ arm,th400 cross member,bumper supports,k-member,and a-arms are all on the wish list....one day lol

Quick Reply: Need **PICS** of MWC SFC installation points