Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bolt in upper panhard brace?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bolt in upper panhard brace?

I've looked around for awhile now and haven't found any bolt in upper panhard braces. I have found the ones for the panhard relocation kits but thats not what im after. I want a bolt in brace to replace the stock one.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SuperSport01
I've looked around for awhile now and haven't found any bolt in upper panhard braces. I have found the ones for the panhard relocation kits but thats not what im after. I want a bolt in brace to replace the stock one.
Don't exist...buy the relocation one and be happy.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport01
If I may ask.... why?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS.666
Don't exist...buy the relocation one and be happy.
The relocation setup moves the panhard bar downward, which will make it even less level, and hurt handling.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
FormerVendor

We actually have a standard location PHB brace on a project list but haven't built it yet. Maybe soon.

Lowering a PHB doesn't necessarily help or hurt anything. It all depends where you start. If a car has a tiny bit of oversteer a lowered track bar may help (that's what they do in oval racing to tie the back end down).

-- Ramey
Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The stock phb brace is pretty good because it's fairly rigid and allows for ample phb and exhaust clearance. If you go with a full tubular brace you'll lose some clearance. IMO, just remove the factory brace clean it up and paint it your preferred color.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the replys. I started this thread because a buddy brought his 2013 5.0 over to install a panhard bar and panhard brace. We installed the brace first just to see if it made a difference... and it did. Naturally the panhard bar made a larger difference but we were still impressed that the tubular brace made a noticeable difference in driving over the stock stamped brace. Granted it is a different car but it is the same style brace.
UMI I would be interested in the brace if you did make one... it would match all my other UMI components.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The next time you have your car on the lift, look at what the panhard rod support brace is actually doing. It's an addition support to distribute load from the passenger side panhard bar mount to the driver's side. It's not a moving part, and it's not at part that sees much force at all - the reason why none of us have found the need to produce one. The relocation kit we offer, however, has the benefit of clearing dual 3-inch exhaust over the axle. There are plenty of wicked fast cars out there running the factory support brace without any issues, so I wouldn't be concerned with it.

I can definitely understand wanting a tubular part for the aesthetic improvement over the ugly stamped steel part.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I have been under these cars enough. I know that a PHB relocation kit comes with a tubular panhard support. I was asking why no one sells a tubular PHB support for the standard location. BMR you sell one for the new body style Mustang's...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had an LT1 car and done one like this http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/lofiver...hp?t15355.html . But i was hoping if anyone knew of a nice ready to bolt in one. Granatelli used to make one.

Quick Reply: Bolt in upper panhard brace?