Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS INOP and BRAKE light on

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS INOP and BRAKE light on

My ABS light and BRAKE light now come on after I changed my rims/wheels to a bigger size, and I'm assuming that is the problem from what i have read. Both times they've come on its highway driving for over 5 mins. What would be the solution/fix? New speed sensor? Thanks guys.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Launching!

originally i had typed out a decent sized response, but then i saw how quickly this topic came up in a search. chances are you'll find your answer in this 12 page thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-trac-off.html

if not i'm sure one of the other threads in the 12 pages of search results will help you. search terms: abs inop brake tcs

edit: and just to be actually helpful. from what i've seen it's either a sensor on the abs somewhere (never looked that into that aspect of it) or busted/hair line cracks in the solder on the ebcm (located behind the glove compartment in the dash.)

Last edited by Jassick; 12-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jassick
originally i had typed out a decent sized response, but then i saw how quickly this topic came up in a search. chances are you'll find your answer in this 12 page thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-trac-off.html

if not i'm sure one of the other threads in the 12 pages of search results will help you. search terms: abs inop brake tcs

edit: and just to be actually helpful. from what i've seen it's either a sensor on the abs somewhere (never looked that into that aspect of it) or busted/hair line cracks in the solder on the ebcm (located behind the glove compartment in the dash.)
Thanks for the lead! I appreciate it
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Heya,

Yes if the fronts and the rears are different sizes ie rim diameter etc then the sensor will turn off ASR (traction control) ABS and turn the brake light on, at least it did for me as soon as I went over 50mph.

When I changed to wheels and tires all round being the same size then the lights did not come on and everything was fixed immediately.

Hope that helps

Alex
Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DWT02SS
My ABS light and BRAKE light now come on after I changed my rims/wheels to a bigger size, and I'm assuming that is the problem from what i have read. Both times they've come on its highway driving for over 5 mins. What would be the solution/fix? New speed sensor? Thanks guys.
I have the same problem. ***** weird because Ive been running the same tire size for as long as i can remember but when i got a new set of tires it decided to come on. ive tried looking into it but no luck.

Quick Reply: ABS INOP and BRAKE light on