Removing K member without taking motor out? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Removing K member without taking motor out?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Default Removing K member without taking motor out?

Ok guys... Im at an ugly point with the t/a because i know i have to do motor mounts and an oilpan gasket and a front seal. I really would like to avoid pulling the motor if possible. I know ive heard of taking the k member out without the motor being done and i have a pretty good idea of how its done but just wanted to get some insite... My idea was to build a cross brace to go between the shock towers and hang the motor... only problem i can see is how i would tension it but... let me know what you guys think. Im doing everything in the front end while i have it appart (ball joints, shocks, steering rack rebuild).
Old 12-19-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I hung mine (engine) from a ceiling joist with a fabbed up metal bar and a chain hoist. I've never done a strut tower bar brace but it could be done successfully. As far as removing the k itself its super simple, off the top of my head: PS lines, brake lines, sway bar endlinks, shocks, and steering linkage must be disconnected.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

yea I forgot about brake lines... eh gotta redo that too to fix the hack job we did on it when the motor was out lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing K member without taking motor out?

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: