Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DD Suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DD Suspension setup

Well im going to be buying new shocks and a rear suspension for my car. I am going with all founders tubular stuff, i know they arent a sponser but im 18 and thats all my budget can allow. Im deciding on shocks, i have stock decarbons upfront and agx adjustable rears. I was thinking bilsteins all around but im not sure if i should buy the slp ones or the heavy duty ones. Which ones are better, should i change springs too? It is a 99 formula 6 speed
Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 146 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Massd
Well im going to be buying new shocks and a rear suspension for my car. I am going with all founders tubular stuff, i know they arent a sponser but im 18 and thats all my budget can allow. Im deciding on shocks, i have stock decarbons upfront and agx adjustable rears. I was thinking bilsteins all around but im not sure if i should buy the slp ones or the heavy duty ones. Which ones are better, should i change springs too? It is a 99 formula 6 speed
Daily Driver, shocks (there's no difference between the SLP and the HD), then stop. Tubular stuff on a DD street car is a waste. Actually for most things it's a waste.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
Daily Driver, shocks (there's no difference between the SLP and the HD), then stop. Tubular stuff on a DD street car is a waste. Actually for most things it's a waste.
Well i am a spirited driver, and i have issues with wheel hop, so I am going to do lca's panhard bar and lca relocation
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just FYI founders is a sponsor here... I DD my car and have tubular lower control arms, panhard, panhard relocation, and subframe connectors. No problems so far. I also plan on a set of strano's sway bars around birthday time. My SS is sittin' on konis/stranos fwiw
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

I DD rod ended Spohn stuff just outside Chicago. I've also got QA1's on it. It all depends on what you do with your car in the spare time. I've also got the Spohn drag bar on back and the front bar removed. Actually let a friend drive the car the other day and he couldn't tell the front bar is gone with the way I set up my shocks for the road (right in the middle). For a DD on a budget, get the LCA relocation brackets, use the stock control arms and Panhard, since they're not going to help you with the traction issue. Get some good shocks that you like, and keep the rest to add some power, or fix other issues. Just my $.02
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Unless the AGX's are leaking or worn out, I'd leave them alone and just replace the fronts with Bilsteins. You should be able to adjust the AGX's to where they're compatible with the Bilsteins.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Massd
Well i am a spirited driver, and i have issues with wheel hop, so I am going to do lca's panhard bar and lca relocation
You may have different results, but when I went from Delphi shocks to Bilstein HDs, every other suspension component being stock and the same tires before and after, my wheel hop issue disappeared.

Even if it doesn't solve your wheel hop issues, no other suspension mod will be worth a **** without proper shocks for whatever you're planning on using the car for.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had terrible wheel hop when I bought the car completely stock. I ran bilsteins and umi lcs, completely took care of the problem. Strano (sponser to the right) knows his **** if you want to give him a call.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

When I bought my car it has the tubular LCAs, and I had wheel hop issues.Car was also lowered on eibachs. I put LCA relocation brackets on the car and it helped with the wheel hop, don't really remember if it was still an issue or not.Now with konis/stranos I don't remember the last time I had wheel hop.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

I just ordered the bilstein hd shocks and a tick master. I hope this solve the wheel hop issues and im going to order founders stuff soon. I cant beat the price for about 300$ i can have a total rear suspension redone.

Quick Reply: DD Suspension setup